Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered the Air-Lift Load Controller II, which is the lighter duty of the two, and I'll be installing the whole setup on Saturday.. Am I making a mistake in not using the Load Controller I, which pumps twice as fast? Who's running the Load Controller II and how do you like it? Both fill to 100psi. Just wondering if it's a lousy unit to use with the Super Duty kit..

Thanks!

·
Registered
754 Posts
I have the Super Duty kit with the Load Controller II. The compressor is comparable to what you would find at an autoparts store, the kind you plug in to the 12v receptacle. Plastic housing, takes a while to fill, can hear when it starts to get to high psi, pitch change, sounds a bit stressed, etc. But that doesn't mean anything is wrong with it. Mine works fine, works in 0 deg. weather, no problems. I'm assuming the Load Controller I has a metal housing and faster fill rate, but I'm not sure. For me it didn't seem to justify the extra expense. Time will tell if the compressor holds out, but replacing it shouldn't be a problem if need be. I like the overall quality of the AirLift system, no regrets.

Mike

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info, I'll stick with the Load Controller II and not worry about it..

Cam

·
Registered
165 Posts
Cam,

The issue isn't so much fill rate. Once preasurized the bags don't take much air to raise the PSI. I think it's more a question of durability. The LoadController I is much more substanial. I've used both and neither have ever given out. I do mount them in a plastic electrical panel box for safety and cleanliness. I'd stay with the II.

Regards,
Bob

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok it's all set up and installed and working great. I was a little surprised at how slow the Load Controller II pumps up the PSI but wasn't sure of what to expect. No big deal. If I were to do it again I'd probably go for the more powerful compressor, just because I dont like holding my finger on the switch all day long waiting for it to fill up, but for as often as I'll use it it's certainly no big deal.

·
Registered
754 Posts
The compressor does take a while. I put the manual fill valves out back, and when I use those, they pump right up in a couple of seconds, very fast.

Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts