Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys

Got the Air Lift 5k lbs bags with the digital controller "Smart Controller" and compressor.

Cannot say I am satisfied at all.

1st issue: Wiring harness fell apart in our hands prior to install, very cheap quality.

2nd issue: The controller did not work, we opened it up and was shocked to see only 1/2 of the connections on the circuit board were soldered. Cheap quality again.

I called Airlift, they didnt hesitate sending me new parts. I was happy they replaced the stuff, but it still didnt make up for the fact I was inconvienced bigtime. Anyway got the parts and reinstalled.

FINAL Issue: Now its all installed. I paid like 300.00 for the "Smart Controller". You are suppose to set the pressures and the unit is suppose to maintain the pressures you set, No-Brainer, right? Well No-Work.. I set them at 5psi (truck unloaded mfg recommended), they will go up to 10psi or down to 3 psi, so they fluctuate 20-100% above or below what you set it at. That defeats the whole purpose of this "Smart Controller". I will call Air Lift and try to resolve this. Is this normal? I doubt it, I could understand a fluctuation due to bumps etc, problem is they never reset themselves down to the 5psi they were set at.

If I had to do it again, Id go with the Fireston setup..

AnyOne have a similiar experience or any advice for me? Would be appreciated.

Rich

·
Registered
459 Posts
Doing things the manual way.

Probably going to hook up an air tank on the trailer so I don't have to fire up the compressor.

Just couldn't justify $300 for somehing I use so little and can do manually with little effort.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
I agree - mine will be manual fill. Easy enough to fill or deflate as needed using a portable compressor or gas station air fill. I got one of those jump start battery devices and it includes a self contained air compresser. Good idea!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Rich,
I had the same exact problems with my smart controller. It is a complete waste of money. I played the swapping components game with the manufacturer and it's just a poorly engineered system to me. Not acurate at all......

Guys

Got the Air Lift 5k lbs bags with the digital controller "Smart Controller" and compressor.

Cannot say I am satisfied at all.

1st issue: Wiring harness fell apart in our hands prior to install, very cheap quality.

2nd issue: The controller did not work, we opened it up and was shocked to see only 1/2 of the connections on the circuit board were soldered. Cheap quality again.

I called Airlift, they didnt hesitate sending me new parts. I was happy they replaced the stuff, but it still didnt make up for the fact I was inconvienced bigtime. Anyway got the parts and reinstalled.

FINAL Issue: Now its all installed. I paid like 300.00 for the "Smart Controller". You are suppose to set the pressures and the unit is suppose to maintain the pressures you set, No-Brainer, right? Well No-Work.. I set them at 5psi (truck unloaded mfg recommended), they will go up to 10psi or down to 3 psi, so they fluctuate 20-100% above or below what you set it at. That defeats the whole purpose of this "Smart Controller". I will call Air Lift and try to resolve this. Is this normal? I doubt it, I could understand a fluctuation due to bumps etc, problem is they never reset themselves down to the 5psi they were set at.

If I had to do it again, Id go with the Fireston setup..

AnyOne have a similiar experience or any advice for me? Would be appreciated.

Rich

1 - 4 of 4 Posts