Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Can anyone tell me where the air heater relay is located, and/or the part # for it? Can't find it listed in the owners manual.

My '02 Dmax popped a DTC 0540 while out visiting Wyoming. Truck is out of warranty and I'd like to try this fix first.

Thank you for your time and help.

DougG

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
Do you CA Emissions?
If so, your 2002 IA Heater Relay should be separate from the Glow Plug Relay. It appears to be located on top of engine, on the driver side, under one or both of the engine harness connectors. It should be mounted to two studs with nuts. Don’t have any part numbers.

The IA Heater Relay is part of the Glow Plug Relay with the Federal Emissions.

Reference 2002 Helms pages 6-2825, 6-3169 thru 6-3171.

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
Unlikely that the relay is at fault, but possible. I would check the 175 amp fuse under the cover for the fuse block first, this feeds the glow plug and the IAH relays.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
modified & DmaxalliTech,

Many thanks for taking the time to help me with this problem.

My truck is Cali emissioned. The 175 amp fuse under the electrical service center housing is fine.

I have searched this and other forums for others that have had a DTC 0540, and the culprit is most often the intake air heater relay. However, my dealer said he dosen't have a listing for such a thing. Thats why I need the part or part #.

I will try to root the relay out after work.

Again, many Thanks for your help!

DougG

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Problem Fixed.

For those Calif. DMax owners that may have this problem, the Calif. emissioned IAH relay is GM part #97253673. Dealer retail is $190.30, so hopefully you'll still be under warranty.

Good Luck,

DougG

1 - 5 of 5 Posts