Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone try one of these? Do they work reasonably well? Are there some brands to avoid?

·
Registered
8,982 Posts

·
Registered
5,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting, didn't know those existed. I was thinking of the indoor electric type.

I decided to just try it and saw one in the "as seen on Tv" section of a store. I got the Power Air Fryer XL. It actually works reasonably well. I have not tried a ton of stuff but made some fries and chicken strips. It may take some time to tweak the temp and time but I think it could work really well. Its kinda opposite microwave where everything comes out soggy in this stuff comes out dry if you are not careful.

Side note I thought the XL was the super size one that the reviews said you can do a whole chicken in but it turns out there is a whole family called XL and I got the baby. Should be ok since most of the time I am cooking for myself. If you are cooking a full meal in it or for more you would want the big one.

Now i will have to check out that big gas powered one too...... I used my oil one to make corn on the cob in the summer, just fill it with water instead of oil.

·
Registered
42,913 Posts
Those could cause global warming ya know!!

·
Registered
315 Posts
ITS -33 AND WINDY TODAY- F*** GLOBAL WARMING!
lol I am trying to convince my better half to get me an oilless deep fryer for Christmas.
She says I'm too fat to have French fries, so trying to have an alternative available
Merry Christmas to all!

·
Registered
5,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have been playing with the fry recipe and got it so they are pretty good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts