Diesel Place banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the best brand air filter to use in our 6.2's. I've been running a K&N but when my oil report came back in from Blackstone it showed high levels of silicon. I guess I'll go to something else.

·
Ex- 6BT Square Body Man
10,083 Posts
I am running the cheapo Purolater with a pre-filter. I noticed with the pre-filter I get a tad more smoke. I am going run it with out the pre-filter and see if there is any change.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I'm currently running a Wix. It runs well enough but, as soon as I put it in, I noticed an increase in under-hood drone compared to whatever brand the PO had in there. I don't know if the original one was a quieter design or was just quiet because it was so clogged up. I'm gonna try another brand next time and see what happens.

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
I'm running a Spectre cone filter on my 6.2 diesel. It's a wee noisy but not too bad. I would like to do an oil report on it in about 5000 miles after I break it in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.