Diesel Place banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1995 Chevrolet Silverado Z71 6.5 TD
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The rubber grommets on the bottom of the stock air cleaner housing need replacing and I've been unable to find them.If pictures are needed please let me know.
1. Does anyone know where I can buy parts.
2 Will a newer filter housing fit.
3. Do I end up buying a CAI instead
I would rather have stock if possible.

·
Administrator
16,315 Posts
A K47 intake from a 97'+ GM/Chevy Diesel will fit in there.

·
Registered
83 Posts
My 95 was the same way. Looked everywhere around where I live and couldn't find them. Also couldn't find a K47 airbox and tubing for a diesel. I ended up getting the S&B filter kit. I like it and its not to badly priced. It installed pretty quickly and easily. So there are options out there if you cannot find what you need.

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks SMD, I checked out the S&B they are nice filter. There are some bad point but that's everywhere now days

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Really. The only good choices you have for a better intake system. Is the GM K47 from a later model GM DIESEL not gas. Or the S&B. The other aftermarket CAIs I have seen, suck hot air from the engine compartment. Which will cut power, may cause de fueling when towing or pushing it on hot days. Because IAT gets too high. 6.5 need cold air from outside.

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Really. The only good choices you have for a better intake system. Is the GM K47 from a later model GM DIESEL not gas. Or the S&B. The other aftermarket CAIs I have seen, suck hot air from the engine compartment. Which will cut power, may cause de fueling when towing or pushing it on hot days. Because IAT gets too high. 6.5 need cold air from outside.
Haven't been able to locate a GM K47 out in my area as of yet. The S&B is a good filter I have no concerns about buying one. I read the reviews and some customers stated that the clear plastic cover had cracked that's all.

·
Administrator
16,315 Posts
Haven't been able to locate a GM K47 out in my area as of yet. The S&B is a good filter I have no concerns about buying one. I read the reviews and some customers stated that the clear plastic cover had cracked that's all.
Keep an eye on eBay. Browse car-part.com and watch the marketplace section here, they do sometimes pop up

·
Registered
83 Posts
Just looking on car-part.com there is one 19 miles from you based on your location on the site.

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks smdk2500, I'll check it out.

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just looking on car-part.com there is one 19 miles from you based on your location on the site.
The ones offered wer $200 93/94. Unless you searched differently than I did.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I searched for a 97 that would have the k47 option. Capture.PNG
just click on the picture and it will get big enough so you can read it.

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Your the man, I guess i wasn't using the correct algorithm. I already called but they were closed. I'll catch up with them on Monday.

Thank you bro;
smdk2500

·
Registered
83 Posts
No problem thats what we are here for. I don't have much knowledge but I try to share what I have. I just wish there would have been one that close to me when I was looking. As of now the closest I can find is 500 miles away.

·
Registered
1995 GMC Suburban
17,828 Posts
Based on my experience, the vendor on car-parts.com are not reliable in updating their inventory.

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks JMJNet, I'll try and contact them and see where it goes. I have a fall back plan if no success.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Based on my experience, the vendor on car-parts.com are not reliable in updating their inventory.
I've always wondered how reliable getting things updated would be.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts