Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Silverado 4500HD
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who can get me some pictures of how the air cab mounts to the frame? Has anyone done the install themselves? How about anyone have air cab only and no air seats,? Any info would be great, thanks
Carson

·
Registered
255 Posts
if someone in a warmer climate can get you one great, if not pm me and i will go out an the lot and get a couple pics, snow is kind off deep but be glad to help you out.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I already had the compressor but the install was a piece a cake. Had to loosen the fuel tank straps to tighten a couple of bolts but other than that it was pretty straight forward. Probably the best ride control element so far. More for the back seat than the front but my wife noticed a great difference. I'll see about some pics.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Does the cab air system raise the cab any or is it the same height as stock?

·
Registered
188 Posts
The kit came from Link Mfg. and I think was $850?
It raises the rear of the cab less than an inch and they supply the taller center support bushings.

·
Registered
2020 Silverado 4500HD
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the pics Chooch. I ordered the kit from Link, looks like a simple install.

·
Registered
191 Posts
cbraga, what are you going to do about a compressor? Do they offer that seperately?

·
Registered
2020 Silverado 4500HD
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
My truck came with the compressor and air tank from GM. I did move it though, it hung low on the stock frame. It was under the drivers door, now I put it under the bed out of sight. I'm sure you could buy one from GM parts dept.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Reason asking, I have a 99 GMC cat, 6 spd with a roll back on it. I haul full size vans on it, which makes for a decent ride. When I'm empty, I really get jarred around. The truck doesn't have a compressor, so I was wondering what kind of compressor to use with this set up.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Go to E-Bay and search for air-compressor 12 volt you will find alot of different ones on there. Also remember to get a tank, I would get atleast a 5 gal. tank just incase you would like to ad air ride seats, or air horns.

·
Registered
191 Posts
That's a good idea, Is the air ride cab a big difference or do you think I'll need seats too? I just got back from a trip to NJ from PA and my back's killing me from "78" Anyone who has traveled that road will know what I'm talking about.

·
Registered
684 Posts
I dont have air cab but I LOVE my air seat.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Could you e mail me pics of that setup? I saw it in your garage, but a better set of pics would be great, thanks!

·
Registered
684 Posts
of the seat? sure, I'll try to get it in the next few days I'm h#lla sick right now so I'm not going to the yard for a few days.

·
Registered
684 Posts
ok so the folks at the office suck and I hade to go in so I got some pics for you.

this is a side view of the seat base

heres kinda from the front

best I could get of the back

the airbag in the seat

this little red lever controls the ride of the seat

where the air line runs in to the cab

and that air tank

I ordered the truck with the air seat so all this is all OEM stuff and should be available from your dealer.

unfortunately I only have an electric pump, wish I had an engine driven one as I would like to add some horns but think I'll explore some other options.

pls be kind it is dirty I just finished a long trip and am quite sick so I didn't feel like cleaning it when I got home at 3AM

·
Registered
191 Posts
Thank you so much for the pics. Dirty, HA! You should see the truck I drive. I can't even keep a cup of coffee in the cup holder or it's all over the cab, including the windshield and the seat. I think I need an air ride cup holder, haha. Thanks again for the pics, Hope you feel better soon. How's that engine power wise? My Cat's a little sluggish. * I transport 6500lb vans, maybe that's why, but you'd still think I'd power right up hills, wrong.

·
Registered
684 Posts
mine has the 215h 7.8Dmax with the zf-6 with a crewcab longbed diesel f350 on the bed and another on the stinger its a bit sluggish but still pulls 10mpg. in town its fine don't hardly notice the weight its on the highway when you hit a hill it drops quick but once you slow down a bit find the right gear it just chugs on up. would like to kick it up a notch or two.

that is dirty for my truck. the last time I saw my truck as dirty as you describe I fired the guy. I have no tolerance for that as I see it as abuse of the equipment. the public already looks down on the towing industry I try to keep a high level of appearance inside and out. now my house thats another story, hehe.

I actually have my dealer looking for two of these air seats so I can put them in my 78 4x4 in place of the front bench.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Yeah, my truck's about the same as far as power and mileage. I try to keep my truck clean as well, but this weather makes it almost useless. I'm trying to figure out how to post pictures, then I'll get one up. Either way, nice truck, I'm jealous of your ride quality haha

1 - 20 of 20 Posts