Diesel Place banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
opinions on rear suspension air bags. manufacturer, type and configuration. ie:
pump and gauges. or anything you found out after they were installed. 2007 2500hd 4x4

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
what are you looking to do - add helper bags or replace the leafs?? found a couple of places that replace the leafs with a 18 wheeler style setup; looks and works good just a bit $$$$ for me. i'll probably change over when i get the need on a regular basis

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
just looking to add bags to the springs. pulling rather large 5vr. looking for a leveler ride

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I've always had good luck with the firestone ride rite kits & compressors.
X2 - check my garage on both trucks.

·
Registered
587 Posts
X2 - check my garage on both trucks.

thats your reply to everything "check my garage!" hahah
it's funnny cuz just bout everythings in that damn garage! :D keep up the good work inferno!

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
thats your reply to everything "check my garage!" hahah
it's funnny cuz just bout everythings in that damn garage! :D keep up the good work inferno!
:lol2::ro)

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have the exact same truck, but with a 6" lift. I have had the Firestone air bags from day one. I tow a 30' Toyhauler. I haven't had any problems. Tow's much better and level's the ride, especially with the lift.

I don't have an onboard compressor. I fill them up when I tow and deflate to 10psi when done. No problems, not a hassle.

Charlie

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I have the exact same truck, but with a 6" lift. I have had the Firestone air bags from day one. I tow a 30' Toyhauler. I haven't had any problems. Tow's much better and level's the ride, especially with the lift.

I don't have an onboard compressor. I fill them up when I tow and deflate to 10psi when done. No problems, not a hassle.

Charlie
Charlie - post up some pics of your truck and trailer. We all like to see lifted trucks towing trailers!

·
Registered
100 Posts
I installed the Firestone RideRite as well. I have the single gauge, single switch mounted on the front of the drivers seat, and compressor mounted on the frame rail, with the filter ran up under the hood to try and keep it dry. I ran the air lines in the the grommet in the floor under the driverside floor. Only problem I had was with the stock barbed fittings for the air lines on the gauge/switch leaking. I ended up changing out as much as I could to compression type fittings and then using super glue on the remaining barbed fittings to get them to quit leaking. I went with the front of the seat so its out of the way and I didn't have to drill any holes or cut anything, so if I ever have to take it out (who knows why I'd ever do that!) nothings wreaked.

Attachments

·
Registered
733 Posts
got the firestone bags on my truck and havent had any problems, also had em on my 98 dually for many years with no problems

·
Registered
348 Posts
I ran the Air-lift Co. helper bags over the leafs before I swapped to full air-ride. It's surprising how much weight that they can level, but the ride quality was horrible compared to the full air setup.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I removed my Timbrens and went with Airlift air bags and thier wireless air control and compressor. Does the job for my 30' fifthwheel.
Had some issues with the wireless control as it was a new product but Airlift customer service was great and all issues are resolved.
I have nothing but good to say about product & Co.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Salt & Liquid Calcium ClorideNew England

Has any one has problems with salt and liquid calcium cloride and there arebags? Or fittings etc.? I live. in NewEngland

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.