Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're going to be towing a decent size fiver next year -- fiver is on order -- at Cedar Creek 32BHBS. (The TT in the sig is being sold.) I am thinking that air bags might help any rear end sag (shouldn't be any, but I'd rather be safe than sorry!) . What's the best brand out there for our purpose and how much money are we looking at spending? Who handles this type of thing? Any dealers in SE Wisconsin that can install, too? Mr. Mik does NOT do this kind of stuff, so we'll be paying someone to install them. At this point, I have NO CLUE what to look for or what is involved . . .

Thanks for your help!

Julie Mik

·
Registered
340 Posts
mrs. mik,

I have the Firestone Ride Rite on my 01. I have towed about 15,000 miles with them & I am completely happy with them.I have a 13,000 5er. Cost about $300-325 installed 3 years ago.Kit# 2250

·
Registered
754 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Have had Air Lift Air Bags with onboard compressor on my truck for well over 30,000 and am well pleased with them.... bought mine from a local truck shop but checked and Kennedy has them at a much better price than I paid ... Jim Edited by: JEBar

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Julie

Check them out, AIR LIFT has the best rating and carring capacity and John Kennedy has them.

Geno

·
Registered
18 Posts
I bought the airlift bags and onboard compressor from Camping World. Getting both gave me a lifetime warranty. Camping World matched the lowest price on the internet because I was a President's Club member. They should also be able to install them if you're close enough to one of their stores.

I use them to level out my truck. But, best benefit was buying the Rancho 9000RS shocks all the way around. Made the ride much better while towing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts