Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone put air bags on a lifted truck I towed my trailer for the first long haul this weekend and it road pretty ruff the back bottomed out allot. I had airbags on my suburban man what a difference I just dont know if I can put them on this truck.

Shaydog

·
Registered
457 Posts
Shadydog what type of setup are you running in the rear? All block, block and add-a-leaf?, add-a-leaf only, etc? If you are using the factory springs you could still install an air bag setup without any modifications. My suggestion would be to buy yourself a set of 6” replacement springs(or whatever size you need) so you can get rid of the blocks. I did this and while my ½ ton doesn’t pull what your HD does it made a huge difference. If you still don’t like the ride after new springs then I would consider an air bag setup. Adding air bags to a lifted truck with replacement springs is a little harder since the axle is further from the frame than stock but a custom bracket can be easily fabbed to make it work.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is a RCD lift I think its all block I will call the shop thagt installed it and see what they think thanks for the input.

Shaydog

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
I personally saw an 02 2500 HD with a 6" RCD lift and the rear AirLift airbags. I vaguely remember the airbags being blocked too to compesate for the rear height ...I'm sure it was a custom job but it looked nice and done right.

·
Registered
457 Posts
shaydog24 here are some pictures of a few different air bag setups.

Here is an install article on Deaver springs, tells you a little about them. Click on the picture to view the article.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts