Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a magnaflow "downpipe back" system.. Can you tell what happened already?? I opened the box to find a "CAT back" system.. What in the world.. Anyone else get skunked by this!? I was expecting to install a whole exhaust short of the downpipe tonight and only got half of what i paid for.. Of course i searched this site after the fact and found manufacturers cant make up their minds what they plan on calling these pieces.. Im pretty peeved over this, 400$ later and my exhaust still sounds close to stock..

·
Banned
720 Posts
my 06 was that way wanted down pipe back got cat back and had to spend 100 bucks extra to get it and the price was the same as the more popular expenseive systems .

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
don't feel so bad. I got the same kit, didn't open the box, fought with getting the Kat out. I was in a huge hurry, and so I just grabbed the sawsall and cut it out, open the box, to find a cat back system. Holy sh!t was I pissed. had to weld everything back up. The twenty minute install wound up taking several hours.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think thats what i'll end up doing is having to spend another 100$ for just that darn front pipe.. What a pain.. I'll try and work them out to getting me one instead of me having to pay for it.. I mean all in all its not my fault, i know what a down pipe is and i know what a cat back is, why would they change the way they describe things???

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Spitz,

Been down this road too, that's why we list our MBRP systems as cat backs and list an optional front pipe. If you need the front pipe let us know we can help you out on one, they are available in aluminized and 409 stainless.

Mark @ DPPI

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Yep...Magnaflow's is called TURBO-BACK and cost me a bit more for that long shiny piece that streches up to da turbo...and then goes back...to the parts you bought. I'd call whoever you ordered it from and see about some swappin' out of parts to get what you really want.
If I had it to do again I probably would go MBRP; just seems more versitile with the cat/no cat options.
I bought Magnaflow cuz what's good enough for Foose, is certainly good enough for me. :)

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well im dealing with justmagnaflow.com and they've been extremely understanding and helpfull. They've offered to reimburst me for the pipe which is #1 customer service in my book.. I may get ahold of you mark for that front pipe.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
When I ordered my MBRP it said TURBO BACK w/ 5in tip and the pic of the system showed it as well. Box came and no down pipe or tip. One call and another box was on it's way at no charge!

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea this company is taking care of me as well, was impressed with it. Even offered to retrun my exhaust completely.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
oh yeah almost forgot the damn rear hanger on mine broke after 6 months and they wont do **** about it.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
There are good reasons why MBRP is out selling the competition two to one. The best product made is worth nothing without good customer service. Later! Frank

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.