Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friends,

I have some sweet MB Quart speakers, sub, and Phoenix gold amp in my wife's Jetta. She'd be just as happy with the stock stereo back in there, which means I may transfer the hardware to my 04 Sierra.

I'd like to find a nice head unit to replace the stock deck and add a sub (somewhere).

Problem is, I don't want to lose my steering wheel stereo controls. Does anyone know of a good solution here? i.e, has anyone thrown in an aftermarket deck with some sort of adapter kit to maintain steering wheel controls, Onstar functionality through speakers, etc.? The sound out of the Bose isn't that bad, but I would sure like to richen it up with some quality aftermarket hardware.

Any thoughts?

Terel

·
Registered
747 Posts
Check out www.jpcustoms.com

Jason is a member here. I think his id is Pendlum. Email him any questions you have through his website. He responds quickly and he will have what you need.

·
Registered
16,973 Posts
I will so some searching, but there is a connection cable that can be used with the aftermarket stereo installed and it will utilize the steering wheel controls. PAC makes it and I will find out more for you.

·
Registered
570 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
Yes, the parts are made by PAC, but IIRC you can't purchase direct from PAC. I chose to purchase from Pendlum(JPCustoms) because he will tell you exactly what you need and he has great customer service.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts