Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m replacing my broken drivers seat and matching the passenger seat. What aftermarket seats are you guys running? Pictures please.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Attachments

·
Registered
622 Posts
I love the Flexsteel seats. Bench or buckets. The only drawback is that they are higher than the factory seats. Here is pics of the set of buckets I put in my current 93 DD. https://www.dieselplace.com/forum/9618522-post209.html
I like those seats, BK. Did you ever get the fuel leak sorted out? If that's a '93 with the mech. inj. pump, you might check the throttle shaft seal. I've had that happen twice on the mech. inj. pumps. Hard to see.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
They look comfy. Cool build. I’m leaning towards pro car sportsman pro xl. The xl is wider than the standard pro model.
The Flexsteel have more cushion and really help the ride of a empty 3/4 ton out. I do have a different brand seat in my 95 light 3/4. It's not as comfortable but still better than stock. I'll try to remember to get pics of it and the Flexsteel bench seats I have. When I go to the junkyards, the custom seats is something I always look for. I've gotten them for as little as $40 at the junkyard and $20 from private sellers.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
I like those seats, BK. Did you ever get the fuel leak sorted out? If that's a '93 with the mech. inj. pump, you might check the throttle shaft seal. I've had that happen twice on the mech. inj. pumps. Hard to see.
Fuel leak fixed.:thumb: it was a high pressure line at the IP. Runs and drives great. A few electrical gremlins:wtf: to sort out yet.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They look comfy. Cool build. I’m leaning towards pro car sportsman pro xl. The xl is wider than the standard pro model.
The Flexsteel have more cushion and really help the ride of a empty 3/4 ton out. I do have a different brand seat in my 95 light 3/4. It's not as comfortable but still better than stock. I'll try to remember to get pics of it and the Flexsteel bench seats I have. When I go to the junkyards, the custom seats is something I always look for. I've gotten them for as little as $40 at the junkyard and $20 from private sellers.
That’s a good idea to hit the junkyards for custom seats. Did you make your own seat brackets. I’ve been there with fuel leaks at the ip. Crossthreaded the nipple at the ip.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
That’s a good idea to hit the junkyards for custom seats. Did you make your own seat brackets. I’ve been there with fuel leaks at the ip. Crossthreaded the nipple at the ip.
The seats i got came out of 90s chevy trucks. The red buckets in my 93 , I had to drill the inside mounting holes because it had a bench seat previously.

IMG_6696_10.JPG
This is the Flexsteel bench seat in my 92. This is the one I got for $20 from a tall guy:thumb:

IMG_6697_11.JPG
It has a nice armrest and a cup holder that folds out
IMG_6698_12.JPG
Truck had a red interior but I didn't care if the seat matched.
IMG_6699_13.JPG
This is the "DG" seat in my 95 K2500 LD. No cup holder but does have nice armrest. This one came from the Junkyard for $40
IMG_6700_14.JPG
IMG_6702_15.JPG
I have a couple more to get pics of yet.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Fuel leak fixed.:thumb: it was a high pressure line at the IP. Runs and drives great. A few electrical gremlins:wtf: to sort out yet.
Thanks for the answer, BK.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The seats i got came out of 90s chevy trucks. The red buckets in my 93 , I had to drill the inside mounting holes because it had a bench seat previously.

View attachment 613202
This is the Flexsteel bench seat in my 92. This is the one I got for $20 from a tall guy/forum/images/smilies/thumb.gif

View attachment 613204
It has a nice armrest and a cup holder that folds out
View attachment 613206
Truck had a red interior but I didn't care if the seat matched.
View attachment 613208
This is the "DG" seat in my 95 K2500 LD. No cup holder but does have nice armrest. This one came from the Junkyard for $40
View attachment 613210
View attachment 613212
I have a couple more to get pics of yet.
Nice. Gray works with the red. My wife hates the burgundy seats. She thinks it’s too much red. I like the classic look. My dad had a 78 el camino with the same red interior

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Fuel leak fixed./forum/images/smilies/thumb.gif it was a high pressure line at the IP. Runs and drives great. A few electrical gremlins/forum/images/smilies/wtf.gif to sort out yet.
Thanks for the answer, BK.
Hit my local junk yard this morning. I didn’t find anything. Did rescue a oil filler cap off of a 6.2. 👍

Attachments

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Here is a red Flexsteel bench seat. It has the cup holder and storage compartment also. Got it from junkyard for $30.:thumb:

Attachments

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
I was at my local junkyard yesterday. They had 8 very nice gray cloth custom, conversion van seats. $75 each. I only looked in the GM section.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I was at my local junkyard yesterday. They had 8 very nice gray cloth custom, conversion van seats. $75 each. I only looked in the GM section.
You have a cool junkyard. I’ve been down the rabbit hole on this. Most of the aftermarket seat manufacturers are closed till after the new year. I settled on the corbeau Moab seats. They sell a direct fit bracket for the suburban. I’ll be hopefully installing next weekend

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
You have a cool junkyard. I’ve been down the rabbit hole on this. Most of the aftermarket seat manufacturers are closed till after the new year. I settled on the corbeau Moab seats. They sell a direct fit bracket for the suburban. I’ll be hopefully installing next weekend
The Flexsteel seats are over $1200 new
Here's a link to my local junkyard. It's about 5 miles away. Lots of old very cool cars and trucks. They bought out many of the old mom and pop junkyards around Minnesota and even bought a junkyard in Nevada and hauled it here.
Welcome to F.L.A.P.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Here's a link to my local junkyard. It's about 5 miles away. Lots of old very cool cars and trucks. They bought out many of the old mom and pop junkyards around Minnesota and even bought a junkyard in Nevada and hauled it here.
Welcome to F.L.A.P.
Cool junkyard. I finally received a response back from procar. I had tried to purchase on their website, but it was only an inquiry. They told me that the seat brackets were a 4 week wait for our trucks. Buying aftermarket seats has been a frustrating process. I ended up order them through a chain of 4x4 stores in California. Actually talked to someone who knew what they were talking about. I’m waiting for corbeau to send the seat brackets to the store. They carry the seats in stock. All in all it was $800 bucks. I’ll post the seat bracket part numbers so future folks can save time. I’m with you bk. It’s almost easier to track down a red seat in a junkyard.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Welcome to F.L.A.P.
Finally picked them up and installed. Pretty happy with the look of the new seats.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts