Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been considering more fuel capacity, but can't decide betewwn the larger stock replacement units from TransferFlow and Titan tanks or a 50 gal in the bed tank. If I go with the stock location replacement tank, what to I do with my aux. Racor filter assembly mounted just ahead of the stock fuel cooler. I don't want to not have additional filtration, and don't want to buy a different kit such as the Nicktane which mounts outside the frame rail.

What are my options - I would like to keep the use of the bed of the truck which would force a relocation of my filter, but an in the bed tank would offer far more range.

Thanks for your thoughts!

·
Registered
960 Posts
Personally I would never put one in my truck bed. That's why I bought a truck. I needed an 8' bed to haul stuff. There's plenty of room under there. You just need to find a new mounting spot, IMOO.

·
Registered
623 Posts
DmaxCC6spd;1583233; said:
I've been considering more fuel capacity, but can't decide betewwn the larger stock replacement units from TransferFlow and Titan tanks or a 50 gal in the bed tank. If I go with the stock location replacement tank, what to I do with my aux. Racor filter assembly mounted just ahead of the stock fuel cooler. I don't want to not have additional filtration, and don't want to buy a different kit such as the Nicktane which mounts outside the frame rail.

What are my options - I would like to keep the use of the bed of the truck which would force a relocation of my filter, but an in the bed tank would offer far more range.

Thanks for your thoughts!
I have almost the same problem or, consideration as you. I too have the Raycor set up and like it. I also want to replace my stock fuel tank with a larger tank. I looked at Titan but that looks like it could cause the removal of the filter to another spot. A replacement tank is the only way I can go as I have a bed cap.
Let me know if you find the right set up. I will be searching too. Hopefully, someone on this site can help.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I don't want to loose my truck bed so an inbed tank is out of the question. I also have a canopy.
IMHO, neither the Titan or Transfer Flow tanks give enough range to be worth the expense.
When I first joined this forumn, there was talk about a 75 gallon fuel tank that replaced the stock one and extended 2 inches farther down.
Now, with the price of fuel, I'm interested but can't find anything about it.
Does anyone remember that?
Steve

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.