Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope this is in the right spot? Looking to put 4 inch exhaust on my 03. I live in Wyoming and live close to Pinnacle Power Exhaust. Would love to hear from people that have installed their exhaust. I would assume they know what they're doin since the Jardine name started with racing headers. Found em on Ebay pretty dang cheep for the whole deal. Curious what the straightpiped version might sound like?
Is it to loud? Does the muffled version sound good?

Any help would be much appreciated. ):h

Just tryin to go a little faster and improve the mileage if ya know what I mean?

http://www.pinnaclepowerexhaust.com/

·
Registered
16,617 Posts
Moved to exhaust forum.

·
Registered
16,617 Posts
Hope this is in the right spot? Looking to put 4 inch exhaust on my 03. I live in Wyoming and live close to Pinnacle Power Exhaust. Would love to hear from people that have installed their exhaust. I would assume they know what they're doin since the Jardine name started with racing headers. Found em on Ebay pretty dang cheep for the whole deal. Curious what the straightpiped version might sound like?
Is it to loud? Does the muffled version sound good?

Any help would be much appreciated. ):h

Just tryin to go a little faster and improve the mileage if ya know what I mean?

http://www.pinnaclepowerexhaust.com/
You won't see much if any power or fuel mileage gains from a bigger exhaust.

·
Registered
2,605 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
I just bought the pinnacle exhaust system and going to install this weekend. can't wait.. and it was a good price 280.... I'll try and let you know what I think....

·
Registered
180 Posts
i would think the biggest gain in bigger exhaust would be lower egt's i still have the stock exhaust on mine but am going to get a 4'' also in the near future.

·
Registered
250 Posts
OK, Just installed the pinnacle exhaust system this weekend. with the help of a couple of friends. took about 4-5 hours even using a hoist. tight fit a couple of areas. well should say not much clearance under cab area. taking down pipe off was fairly easy. just 1 clamp where it connects to turbo. remove air bax and easy to get too. just getting all the bends right is the hardest problem. had to buy 1 extra clamp. could of been designed a litttle better where it goes under the cab. will probally have to do a few more mods there. when starting and going slow with passenger it seems to rub on bottom of cab.. going to try first wrapping drabula around pipe there and clamp it.. untill I get time to mess with it more.. down the freeway it is fine. and get rid of the passenger it is fine. I took pics before and after and will try to put them on here when I get a chance.. got to go to work now. It does sound great. not to much difference in cab for loudness, can hear turbo again. and and feels like a little difference in power..

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Tracer,

Are you telling us you removed the air box to replace the down piep where it connects to the turbo??? Here's what you said, "taking down pipe off was fairly easy. just 1 clamp where it connects to turbo. remove air bax and easy to get too. just getting all the bends right is the hardest problem. had to buy 1 extra clamp. could of been designed a litttle better where it goes under the cab."

That's what it sounded like to me, can you clarify if this is correct or not.

Mark @ DPPI

·
Registered
250 Posts
Mark. Yes, I removed the air cleaner box, and there is just 1 clamp that clamps the down pipe to the turbo, and I could get to it fairly easy with a small wrench and or socket (not to deep). and then pulled it out the bottom. I also took out the cross member for tranny, (used board and jack to support tranny), and that made it easier to get cat out and put new down pipe in.

·
Registered
190 Posts
worth it ???

OK, Just installed the pinnacle exhaust system this weekend. with the help of a couple of friends. took about 4-5 hours even using a hoist. tight fit a couple of areas. well should say not much clearance under cab area. taking down pipe off was fairly easy. just 1 clamp where it connects to turbo. remove air bax and easy to get too. just getting all the bends right is the hardest problem. had to buy 1 extra clamp. could of been designed a litttle better where it goes under the cab. will probally have to do a few more mods there. when starting and going slow with passenger it seems to rub on bottom of cab.. going to try first wrapping drabula around pipe there and clamp it.. untill I get time to mess with it more.. down the freeway it is fine. and get rid of the passenger it is fine. I took pics before and after and will try to put them on here when I get a chance.. got to go to work now. It does sound great. not to much difference in cab for loudness, can hear turbo again. and and feels like a little difference in power..
sounds like u got jus wat u paid 4:eek:

·
Registered
250 Posts
wellll, the hard part is over, yes it was worth it.. just one of those things you do when you get away from original equipment.. Like the way it sounds, and feels like better performance

·
Registered
49 Posts
I installed one on my 02. It only took me about three hours total without a hoist. However my system hooked up to the downpipe, it didn't replace it. Maybe it was because I have a Duramax and not the 6.5. Overall very good fit and finish. Excellent sound.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.