Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 06 Duramax, wanting a little louder exhaust and had some questions on the subject. First getting a cat back exhaust say a 4"..will I hear a difference. Is it worth getting a turbo back, and does anyone know in Texas am I allowed to omit the cat....if doing that will I take a chance of damaging anything.....and finally will the aftermarket exhaust help or hinder fuel economy? thanks so much for the help.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I went turbo back cat delete...my buddy has 2500HD and went cat back with banks duals...sound good but much quieter than mine...fuel economy should be marginal...get a programmer...If you tow you don't want a cat, I do know that...as far as Texas...I don't know...

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
hfdfireman67- With a cat-back kit, the sound is very close to stock. If you want it a little louder, you can get the muffler delete. If you get the full kit, you will NOT be able to bolt the catalytic converter back in if you need to. What I suggest is getting the cat-back kit first, then the front-pipe seperate. This will make it much easier to bolt the cat back in. this will also give you a much deeper tone and turbo whistle if thats what you are going for.

·
Registered
226 Posts
With our system, Pinnacle power, It's set up to switch back and forth real easy. Well not real easy, To get the o.e. cat and front pipe out can be difficult. Give me a call at 800 934 3569 and i'll explain it. Or just pm me. Even on the 06s with the slip joint. Thanks, Jerod Jardine

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
when is someone going to make something to fix the SES codes when omitting the caty.....instead of doing a finger stick.....

·
Registered
470 Posts
hfdfireman67;1580629; said:
when is someone going to make something to fix the SES codes when omitting the caty.....instead of doing a finger stick.....
You'll need a programmer that disables the EGR. There are a few out there that do it.

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
don't worry about the cat i deleted mine when i first put the 4" on and now i don't have a muffler. i live in texas and they don't do an emissions test so if you want it loud just get a full exhaust and delete both the cat and muffler if you live near San Antonio and you want to hear mine just PM me

·
Registered
228 Posts
PPE is supposed to block EGR codes without the finger stick now.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just got a quote for a turbo back Magnaflow 4.5" for my 2005 6.6 duramax.
$860 installed. What do you think and are you happy with the Magnaflow?
I tow a 5th wheel 10,000lbs.

thanks

·
Registered
226 Posts
denny storm,

try giving Tommy at T&J diesel perf a call. He's in Placentia Ca and can hook you up with one of our kits and a good shop to install it. You can link to his website and ours in the venders list to get pricing and phone #s. I think he can get you a much better price.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.