Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was looking at LUK since popular for fords, but noticed none for our dmax except stock replacement, kind of surprising since there are a few dmaxes on the road...anyone make a decent replacement clutch besides stock?Edited by: Wickedsprint

·
Registered
262 Posts
McCleod offers one and SouthBend will re-line an OEM one with Kevlar. They claim this will offer increased torque capacity without damaging the dual mass flywheel.

CPMac seems to be the resident guru -- he is running an aftermarket clutch as well as flywheel. Perhaps he will chime in...

·
Registered
494 Posts
The reason you can't find an aftermarket luk is because they make the original unit. I am working on getting an upgraded flywheel setup for normal or heavy use but it is about a week+ away before I know for sure. Have you had a failure yet or just wanting to know?

Edited by: CPMac

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just have read people have had slipping issues, so was wondering why noone seemed to have anything but stock, thanks for the answers guys.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
CPMac said:
The reason you can't find an aftermarket luk is because they make the original unit. I am working on getting an upgraded flywheel setup for normal or heavy use but it is about a week+ away before I know for sure. Have you had a failure yet or just wanting to know?

I have started to notice a rattle in the tranny when I push the clutch, or when I let off the pedal. I suspect it is a pilot bearing? If I have to replace it I would like to upgrade to a better flywheel and clutch at the same time. How is your flywheel set-up progressing?

Thanks,

-J

1 - 6 of 6 Posts