Diesel Place banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Besides ATS, TTS, Suncoast,etc.. Does anyone know of any company making the better/increased disc packs. Alto is supposed to be coming out with some , but they were not available last time I checked.
thanks

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
I thought alto did have them. im pretty sure there are lots of people running them and last time i checked they did have them available

·
Registered
534 Posts
Yes and these are special (not OEM replacement) Alto clutches, don't think there available to the general public.:eek: The Alto's that are available are OEM replacements for the Borg Warners that come stock in Allisons.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I know when I was dragracing bikes the stock clutch plates were great. All these guys would buy aftermarket stuff that were placebos. Spring pressure was the key.

·
Registered
14,321 Posts
gtmax;1603302; said:
Yes and these are special (not OEM replacement) Alto clutches, don't think there available to the general public.:eek: The Alto's that are available are OEM replacements for the Borg Warners that come stock in Allisons.
You can't even buy the Alto Red Eagles if you are in the business because there are not enough to go around. You must buy them from someone that buys big on a regular basis or you are out of luck.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I would give PPE a call (714)985-4825.:)

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A friend of mine owns Automotive Wholesale Inc. in MN and he has been trying to get them, and kind of getting shut down, so I think you are right that they are a little scarce. I will have hime get on it a little harder.
thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am actually going through a 2000 series in a class A motor home and installing the Transgo Sr. kit and looking to upgrade c2 and any others that show signs of slippage. The customer added and Edge that is 60 or 80Hp and like 160TQ and he has limped the tranny a few times. I have had good luck with the Superior Torque convertors on the Duramax trucks and I am gonna go with their HD unit.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts