Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok a few of you guys have aftermarket injects in now.was wondering if any of you had a chance to spin the dyno rollers yet.if so what hp did you get.if you ran a dyno run before injects and after that info would be great too.i am very interested to see some data.would love to know that by adding some 100 hp injects my rear wheel hp can jump 100 hp...tell all please

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
please do tell

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts
It'll be a bit before I get to a point where I can do the testing. Hopefully soon, as I've had some ready to go for some time now...

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Alright, I did hit the rollers this past weekend and was very dissapointed. Something was not right, whether it was my trans slipping or the dyno being screwed as it broke earlier in the day and was supposedly fixed. Cummins guys that I talked to had low numbers also. This was on a Dyno Jet, "Stock", Dave and King know what my stock is! 270hp and 465 ft/lb of torque. I am planning on running again after I get a trans and might go to a different dyno. I was running OD Lockout with T/H on. Could not really get into it hard until just under 2000rpm to avoid downshift. I was building roughly 28 pounds of boost.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey man on those numbers your stock run should have still been well with in even your hurt trannys holding capacity.something definately isnt right at all.hope you get it figured out....anyone esle?????

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
White

Looking at your sig (plus injectors)you really put the cart before the horse if your still running around with a stock slush box ....

Mac

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
I know it, but the way it happened, I would be stupid not too. Saved me a lot of money on R&R.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
whoose injectors?

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
I knew eric was puting them in but was not shure of the supplier.....they should make much more with the tst and duramaximiser......course a lift pump could become a necessity. Were they flow matched?......500 should be easy with enough fuel supply. keep us informed.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
I had Quad do them. They are matched I believe as they are all done at once. I have yet to add any fuel pressure to them, because of a bad switch on my maximizer, tried to make on work, bad idea, so I will have to get one from PPE. I just got a Holley blue today. Will be putting it on soon. I will run it again after I get this stuff done. What pressure are you running your lift pump at?

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
7psi if you need the dial I have an extra......I ordered the ecm/dmaxizer combo.....its yours just say you want it

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
bringing this one back to the top,many more adding injects all the time.you guys have you been to the dyno are you getting your moneys worth.there is a belief by some programmers that with proper fuel mapping that the stock injects can flow all the fuel that the given high pressure pump can push.some body give us some info please 1000 is a lot of money to spend on injects that are sposed to give 75-100 hp and you barely get 20 at stock,makes me wonder if you will get any at all over a properly programed box or ecm......common somebody tell

·
Registered
494 Posts
You just keep listening to whoever your listening to kingd. Any fool that thinks adding more fuel through larger injectors isn't capable of more hp than stock injectors is crazy. The high pressure pump is not even close to it's capacity with stock injectors so whoever told you that can keep on dreaming.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Silence can be deafening and can lead to speculation. So let me go first.
Perhaps "beta" injectors have issues that need to be addressed before anyone can reveal the details?

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
CPMac said:
You just keep listening to whoever your listening to kingd. Any fool that thinks adding more fuel through larger injectors isn't capable of more hp than stock injectors is crazy. The high pressure pump is not even close to it's capacity with stock injectors so whoever told you that can keep on dreaming.
strange you should mentiuon it craig,i thought all the variance in power box and ecm performance may be based on the high pressure pump.i mean a quad 215 on my truck and many others does 450- 470 every time.but on others trucks it only does 415 to 430.what occounts for these differences?.and as for the any fool deal,i know it sounds crazy but to steal and modify a line from a famous movie SHOW ME THE POWER!!! i guess you have bigger injects i would be glad to see some of your dyno sheets.i have tested out many of these products and given reports on what i have found.i am interested in the injects but i do not want to put them in until i get some positive feed back.fact is people i have talked with arnt all together happy with thier injects.not trying to flame just lookin for info

·
Registered
448 Posts
CPMac said:

Why then at high power settings does the actual fuel pressure fall short of commanded fuel pressure? Logic would dictate that something either is restricting the fuel flow to the HP pump or the demanded fuel flow rate is in excess of the max flow rate of the HP pump. Just asking a question here, don't shoot the messenger. But what else could it be?Edited by: a64pilot

·
Registered
716 Posts
a64pilot said:
Why then at high power settings does the actual fuel pressure fall short of commanded fuel pressure? Logic would dictate that something either is restricting the fuel flow to the HP pump or the demanded fuel flow rate is in excess of the max flow rate of the HP pump. Just asking a question here, don't shoot the messenger. But what else could it be?
Where did the data for this come from? very interesting, i asume you mean rail pressure. Has this been tested with and without lift pump?

Even if the pressure can't keep up, doesn't larger injectors allow more flow?

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
I think he is referring to some trucks being watched with a tech 2 and running hard to see if fuel pressure meets the demand. You can kind of do this with a Predator. I believe the tech 2 will graph it for you though. That would be a lot easier to read.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts