Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed the kit last weekend, it was straight forward and pretty easy. Did not drop the driveshaft ofr exhaust, just the tank and had plenty of access with the rear of the truck lifted. I did not prefill the filter, just cheated by cracking the bleeder and pressurized the tank with a racket ball and air nozzle till diesel came out of the bleeder and gave it a few pumps. Ran it around and checked for leaks, and found none. But my gas milage went from 16.1/16.2 city, to low 13's (DIC)
. WTF? How did I skew my MPG? It's just a filter. It has gone back up to 14.1 after last fill up, and will see what the actual mileage is the next fillup, but why did my mileage calculations go so far down? I thought 16 or so was low compared to alot of other people's reports. I am not THAT much of a lead foot. I have another play toy for that.

Good kit and instructions though.

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
I think mine went the other way, up by a couple MPG HWY.

·
Registered
6,063 Posts
i wouldn't expect any difference.. just as you said, its a filter
. that is presuming you have no leaks...

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How is MPG calculated? Isn't it by an injection duty cycle average calculation, or other? That is how most manufacturers do it if I am not mistaken.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dirty old man said:
I wonder if your trick of pressurizing the system w/air had any effect on the mpg sensors?

That is what I am wondering, or something to that effect, depending on how MPG is calculated.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts