Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Another great site with loads of information. Fantastic..
- I have a question about the AFE stage II or any intake for that matter. If you change your intake but you don't do anything to the exhaust are your EGT's going to climb - You know, air in, but not getting it out..?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
I was going to buy one but the vendor told me realistically getting a good aftermarket air filter would be just as, if not more beneficial than the AFE 2, unless you like it for the cool factor. For me, the money it cost was cooler than the Stage 2.

And once upon a time, someone did a HP test with NO air filter at all and then with a K&N I beleive, and the difference in HP was neglegible. I can not find the reference to that though, so please dont talk bad about me for 10 pages!

·
Registered
96 Posts
I run my OEM for up to 39,000 then changed to the Stage 2. I did not see any diffrence in the EGT's............untill the Quad!

I don't know that the hp or ft. lbs. changed that much, but love that whine.
Some say that it spools up faster.....I justs thinks you can just hear it better, so you think it is. You know like a lounder exaust!

I will be going with a 4" exhaust to lower EGT's soon, I hope!

Edited by: cmadmaxman

·
Registered
344 Posts
can your really hear the turbo that much more? That would be enough of a reason for me to get the stage II! I miss the trubo whine I had on my dodge when I took the baffel out of the turbo. How about the "swiss cheese" effect? Know if you can hear the trubo more?

Mike

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
You will not see much if any more hp/tq with an air cleaner on a dyno. But in real world you may see 15hp more. On a dyno you are not forcing air into the engine, so it will not make much difference what type of filter you have.

Mike; The stage II AFE will make the turbo several times louder then stock.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Woooooooo Doggie ............ with the stage 2 the whine will be so loud you'll have your neighbors turnin' their heads.

If you want to hear the turbo, AFE stage II .......

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
If like hearing your turbo spool up then the afe is the intake for you. Even if it added nothing at all the sound alone is worth the price.

·
Registered
36 Posts
The Stage 2 does add a little turbo noise but you have to keep it clean to work the best. They are around $235.00

Con Haycock
208-431-0835
http://www.consperformancechips.com

·
Registered
7,190 Posts
Not long, I trimmed my box a little for the AC line at the Radiator support ,

I will get a PIC up soon.

Get the sock, put the filter in the box before you put the tube in.

Much easier

T
NY

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
With the proper tools, it can be done in an hour or less.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
With the proper tools, it can be done in an hour or less.

Which in my garage means a large hammer and a lot of bandaids!!

1 - 20 of 64 Posts