Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone measured either a performance gain or EGT drop when switching to an AFE stage 2? I already have a K&N (filter only), and can not justify the extra $275 expense unless there will be a measurable gain. Does anyone have Dyno numbers or track time changes? Edited by: Amric

·
Registered
16 Posts
Turbo Noise was my only real gain EGT dropped about 50 Degree's. Other than that a K&N and a Cut out airbox will give you close to the same gains IMHO

Greg

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
If you already have the K&N filter (The complete kit) you will not see any difference. If you have just the filter replacement, you will get a much faster turbo spool up. and much louder whistle sound.

You will not see any difference in power on a dyno, However real world driving, you may be able to tell a small difference.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Anybody have any experience with AFE Magnum Force for the Dmax? Did you notice any gains in mileage, power, lower EGT's? Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Twebb

·
Registered
403 Posts
just an increase in turbo noise......... No mileage or power gains.

I can't comment on the EGT's, I'm still running with the stock exhaust and no guages (but not for much longer.....)

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have gauges but did not see much change in the EGT's. You would see the bigest changes with the 4" exaust or muffler change.

Like Blinky says nice turbo whine!
Edited by: cmadmaxman

·
Registered
30 Posts
If you think about it....... $275 for an AFE stage II that probably wont yeild any difference ....... OR........ $299 for a SuperChip programmer that will definitely make a difference.

Sounds like an easy decision to me. Except the AFE doesnt have to be removed or hidden for any warrenty work.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Except I bet the SuperChip doesn't whistle while you work.

·
Registered
96 Posts

1 - 9 of 9 Posts