Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
I know 2 people who have installed them.
They are kind of loud for my taste.
0 MPG improvement reported.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Has anyone tried one of these yet? If so how did you like the performance and what kind of fuel milage improvements have you seen?

http://www.aero-turbine.com/how/index.html
If you go to the web site testemonials and search for diesel you will see there are no results. I would have to guess they designed this for gas engines where there tends to be a lot of backpressure. My 2 cents.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
if you go to the "view product" link they actually show several diesel exhausts, some with a built in resonater to keep the sound down.

http://www.aero-turbine.com/buy/index.html

and if you go to the testimonial page and type in "Chevrolet" and select truck you get some testimonials for the Dmax.

But anyways... I bring this up because I was at a farm show today and an area diesel performace shop was there selling them and they handed me a flyer claming a 2.5+ mpg improvement on a ford powerstroke. But I never take a dealers word to the fullest so I wanted to know if anyone had installed any on the Duramax and if they found similiar results. Thought this would be the place to ask.

·
Registered
5,108 Posts

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
We sell and install the Aero mufflers. We have not had any negative feedback from them. I would not say that big mileage gains are made, but they do work.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I used one of these on my old LLY. The muffler with the resonator was very quiet in the cab of the truck and had a nice tone outside. I think it is a bit more restrictive than a straight through muffler, but I would buy one again.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have one on my 2004.5 LLY. On initial startup there is a rumble sound of power. Once the truck warms up, it gets quieter. It is not louder than stock on the highway. I have the resonated model. It has a 3.5 inch bore, which is straight thru with a 3 inch area on the interior with slots in it's I.D. It is a straight thru clean exit path for the exhaust, certainly with less restriction than a stock baffled muffler. I have no complaints. I had mine welded, and it follows the angled contour of the undercarriage. It slopes upward when it gets near the box/cab area.

:cool:

·
Registered
10,556 Posts
I had 1 on my 01 Dmax. It was very loud. I called them and they sent me a second one. It sounded good with the 2 of them inline on the 4" exhaust. I don't know for sure if there was a MPG increase, but the truck ran great and got 22 mpg with them on there.

I just bought 1 for my LLY and I will install it this weekend. The LLY is quieter than my LB7 was, and it is straight piped and catless now with the 3 1/2" pipe.

·
Registered
352 Posts
The LLY is quieter than my LB7 was, and it is straight piped and catless now with the 3 1/2" pipe.

Where did you get the pipe to delete your muffler on your stock exhaust. This is what I want to do till I get $$$ for a complete 4" system.

·
Registered
10,556 Posts
Where did you get the pipe to delete your muffler on your stock exhaust. This is what I want to do till I get $$$ for a complete 4" system.
I had a leftover stock system and I cut 2 of the elbow's out of it and welded them together. I saw a pre-bent piece on ebay that gave me the idea.

·
Registered
101 Posts
The mileage I see is usually around 21-22 mpg.country hwy @ 60mph. All around city and country hwy. is 17-18. When I tow our 35.5 foot, 11,500 lb. fifth wheel, the mpg goes south to around 10-12 on fairly level Wisconsin roads. I use Stanadyne additive and stock airfilter, no programmer. I have been happy with the mpg on this truck since I bought it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.