Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time for tires for my tow vehicle. We tow with a 2012 Chevy Express 3500 Duramax.
I've used Michelin LTX A/S on everything I owned in the past. I'm pretty loyal to Michelins, never had a tire failure and they gave me a ton of miles.
I have to admit we've been on a ton of gravel roads, plenty of grass, and in some fairly muddy situations while full-timing in our Avion. As an urbanite, I don't have any experience choosing tires appropriate for our boondocking needs. The Michelin LTX A/T2 is coming up as the application for my truck. But I'd like to know if any of you have driven these tires in grass, dirt or mud.
I will only buy American made tires for our truck.
Please let me know what kind of experience you have had towing and the tires you use.

Thank you.

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
I am a big fan of Hankook tires and they work great out here in Montana. I have ran a lot of Hankook Dynapro ATM RF10 which they recently stopped making but the replacement AT2 RF11 are suppose to be great also. I can easily get 70-80,000 miles out of a set and have never had one fail on me.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am a big fan of Hankook tires and they work great out here in Montana. I have ran a lot of Hankook Dynapro ATM RF10 which they recently stopped making but the replacement AT2 RF11 are suppose to be great also. I can easily get 70-80,000 miles out of a set and have never had one fail on me.

Thanks.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I run the cooper discover a/t. Like shop specialti said. I have never had a failure and get about 75k on them.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I bought a set of new take-offs 18" and used 255/65-18 LTX M/S nice deep wide space no hydroplaning quiet highway.
The MPH is off by 1 mph at 70mph, Last month we got 2.5 inches in four hours. South Fl.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts