Diesel Place banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about purchasing a set Pacific Dualies simulators and I'm wondering if anyone has had any experience with them? Also, what size are the lug nuts on a 2006 3500 4X4? One more question what size floor jack will lift the truck?

Thanks in advance.

Jim

·
Registered
402 Posts
Ranger Jim;1618444; said:
I'm thinking about purchasing a set Pacific Dualies simulators and I'm wondering if anyone has had any experience with them? Also, what size are the lug nuts on a 2006 3500 4X4? One more question what size floor jack will lift the truck?

Thanks in advance.

Jim
Not sure about the sims...but I purchased a 2.5 ton hydraulic service jack at NAPA for $120. Works great and gives me plenty of height.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Put Phoenix Dot simulators on mine. Looked at the Pacific"s real hard online and I'm not sure why I went with the Phoenix. I think there pretty close in quality and look. There all made in China. There all the same grade stainless. The mounting options was the only real differnce I saw. I went with the DOT Phoenix had because you didn't have to remove lug nuts to install them. Mine bolt on to the excess threads of two of the eight studs on each wheel. have seen the Pacific sims on trucks since I have had mine and they are pretty similar. For the price they really don't look bad. That is until my buddy shows up with the same truck as mine with his 22.5" Alcoa's all the way around. Then the only consulation I have is that I didn't spend thousands of dollars.
Good Luck

·
Registered
39 Posts
Dad has the pacifics on his truck and they seem to work very well. They are actaully held on with the lug nuts so there is no chance of them 'popping' off like some other brands might that only snap on. Can't help with lug nut size or jack - sorry. See my garage for pics.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
I bought a three ton Craftsman hydraulic floor jack from Sears for $99.00. It came with a two piece creeper and two three ton jack stands.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I got the 4 ton Craftsman and it rocks. But what ever jack you get, buy some good jack stands. That will give you piece of mind when you slide up under the belly of the beast.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.