Iam seeking advice on a tuneup I am planning to do myself. My mechanical skills are above average but not expert, maybe a step above a standtree mechanic.
I have a 1997 2 door tahoe with factory 6.5 Turbo diesel. Mostly stock engine. I have replaced alot of the accessory parts such as full A/C system, vacuum pump, thermostats/radiator with separate oil cooler, water pump, etc.
I also have Leroy's PMD relocator and LP harness. The soot trap was taken off by previous owner.
Note: In another post I sought help for an electrical issue so I added and upgraded the ground straps.
The advice I seek is for servicing of accessible components when I replace the valve cover gaskets, which are leaking oil really bad.
1. Is this repair possible with someone of my skill level?
2. I would like to service other items: cleaning the EGR, replace fuel filter.
3. Should I consider replacing the injectors? (I havent changed them ever and I have owned the SUV for 8 years).
4. What are the OEM part numbers for:
Valve cover gaskets
Injectors ( I am hoping for affordable).
5. The coolant hose that goes to firewall to thermostat housing has a very small leak, should i change it? If there are two hoses, should I change both? (Water pump is fairly new)
I appreciate any and all advice, you guys on this site have allowed me to keep my suv running. Thank you!