Diesel Place banner

Adjustable Ball hitches

2K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  richard cheese 
#1 ·
What is a good one to buy?

#2 ·

Attachments

#3 ·
I have one of those. It is very heavy. I also have this one that I love.

RAPID HITCH has the greatest versatility available in any hitch system. It's easy change double ball combination, plus adjustable height allows you to tow easily and safely by keeping the trailer tongue parallel to the ground. Light weight aluminum construction is 30% stronger than steel. Double ball features reversible 2" and 2 5/16" balls. 10,000 lb. Trailer GVWR and 1,500 lb. Tongue weight. Fully tested and verified by an Independent Lab. 1 7/8" ball available soon. Light weight, only weighs 18 lbs. Fits a 2" standard receiver. 12" total vertical adjustment. 6" adjustment with the rack up or down. The only receiver hitch a multiple trailer owner will ever need!

There is one in the classifieds on this site for sale.

#6 ·
Only 10,000 pounds? What do people use for really heavy trailers? I have a large boat that I think that 10K will be a little shy on.

#8 ·
I am sure I need to change the receiver on the truck. You wouldn't happen to have a brand or something on one of those 15K ball hitches? The most I have seen are around 10K I would really like one of the triple hitches. Also don't mean to hijack this post

#9 ·
I love the Rapid Hitch. Very versatile and easy to switch from 2" ball to 2 5/16" ball. Adjustable height makes it easy to swap into different trucks and easy to tow different trailers with various tongue heights. Just make sure you buy a locking pin set, so it doesn't disappear!:eek:

#10 ·
I love the Rapid Hitch. Very versatile and easy to switch from 2" ball to 2 5/16" ball. Adjustable height makes it easy to swap into different trucks and easy to tow different trailers with various tongue heights. Just make sure you buy a locking pin set, so it doesn't disappear!:eek:
I take my off cause I don't want to get ''knee cap" going behind my truck.

#11 ·
B & W makes a very nice unit called the tow and stow which can be flipped under the truck when not in use. Has a heavy rating as well. Retails at $177.95.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.