Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I said in a previous post, I just bought my first diesel - an LBZ. The question that I have is, should I install an additional fuel filter ? If so where and which one is best ? As usual, thanks from a beginner.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Pre filter

YES, put on a pre-filter, I have put on over 60 Nictanes (simple) a few racors, Just get the 2 micron filter and change every oil change. Cheapest insurance for your 50,000 dollar truck you can buy!!!

·
Premium Member
14,363 Posts
YES, put on a pre-filter, I have put on over 60 Nictanes (simple) a few racors, Just get the 2 micron filter and change every oil change. Cheapest insurance for your 50,000 dollar truck you can buy!!!
Want do one more? ):h

Actually, I'd like to know how hard is it going to be for me to get the hose off the tank and the new one installed. Do I need to find a contortionist?:eek:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Easy

sure I take out the drive shaft lot's more room. Go to the Nicktane filter site, or just e-mail nick with a question. If you are near Monrovia Calif, I would be more than happy to put it in for you.

·
Premium Member
14,363 Posts
sure I take out the drive shaft lot's more room. Go to the Nicktane filter site, or just e-mail nick with a question. If you are near Monrovia Calif, I would be more than happy to put it in for you.
Hmmmm, I'm about 2300 miles away, so I guess I'll do it myself.;)

Do you actually remove the shaft or just break it loose at the rear and swing it out of the way? Nick's site said somethng about removing the muffler - which I'd like to avoid.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I also removed the drive shaft to reach the connections on top of the fuel tank. Did not remove the muffler, plenty of room with the drive shaft pulled out of transmission. Put tape on u-joint bearings cups so they won't fall off while drive shaft is out.

·
Premium Member
14,363 Posts
I also removed the drive shaft to reach the connections on top of the fuel tank. Did not remove the muffler, plenty of room with the drive shaft pulled out of transmission. Put tape on u-joint bearings cups so they won't fall off while drive shaft is out.
Thanks! I'd rather pull the drive shaft than fuCensored with the muffler. I HATE any type of exhaust work, even if it is new!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.