Diesel Place banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got way too good a deal on my truck to pass it up but it is the base line work truck package. Which means manual everything, which sucks. So I want to put power windows and locks and make it look factory. Just trying to see what all I will need I know new door panels, switchs . I don't know what else I need, and I have a extended cab so I will put power windows but no switches on back doors. Any help would be great.

·
Registered
12,737 Posts
im just finishing doing this swap,heres a parts list
1.dash harness
2.door harnesses/front and rear doors
3.floor harness
4.roof harness
5.4 door window regs
6.2 door panels for power switchs
7.4 door switchs
8.time 40-60 hrs
9.reprogramming of BCM/at dealer

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
sounds like it is time to hit the wrecking yards.

·
Registered
167 Posts
im just finishing doing this swap,heres a parts list
1.dash harness
2.door harnesses/front and rear doors
3.floor harness
4.roof harness
5.4 door window regs
6.2 door panels for power switchs
7.4 door switchs
8.time 40-60 hrs
9.reprogramming of BCM/at dealer

Damn, that's some parts list. I was thinking of doing the same with my work truck, but not sure if it's going to be very cost effective. My muscle to crank doesn't cost any extra... LOL

·
Premium Member
2,905 Posts
Yeah, besides the labor I would imagine you are looking at about a $500-$1000 project max if you can find the stuff somewhere like Pull Apart and put it together yourself.

You can usually buy new window motors with tracks and everything for about $50-$75 a piece (not OEM). I would imagine you can get the harnesses for a decent price at a salvage too.

This project just sounds more labor intensive than anything. Best have a cuss jar nearby when you start trying to run all that wiring... :)

·
Registered
12,737 Posts
all the wiring snaps in placeim just finishing the 2 rear fold-out doors,the hardest part has been cutting out the 1.5x3'' hole for the switchs,,everything is plug and play,i found a wrecked 08' 1/2 ton truck for my harnesses,i started a post of all the things i added in interior forum,ive got extra door wiring and switchs,,heres what i added

1.navigation radio
2.power locks
3.bluetooth
4.factory intergrated trailer brake controller
5.digital a/c heater controls
6.fog lights
7.back-up sensors
8.remote start
9.lighted sunvisors
10.homelink/garage door opener
11.2012 grille and bumper
12.cadillac/corvette remote fobs
13.power pedals
14.power seats
15.power windows

everything is gm factory,heck id add a sunroof ,if i had a spare roof laying around

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The problem I have is finding a wrecked truck to get parts from because I also want a lt2 center console. All the salvage yards here have nothing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.