Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friend of mine has a hard drive installed in his truck - he basically took his cd collection and copied it. I want to do something similar but we are talking about over 25 Gb of music from around the world. I have the stock Bose system with the PAC running to a pr. of MTX subs. Is there an aux input or something in order to retain the factory HU which I am happy with (at least for now). What hardware manufacturers are out there that might be able to help? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
16,617 Posts
The easist way to do it is to buy an ipod and an ipod interface. Otherwise you could do it but you would need to run an operating system as well as have some type of screen etc to bring up the songs. You can buy adapters for aux inputs so that is not the issue. Check out www.jpcustoms.com they have some aux inputs and stuff. You can usually find the stuff cheaper then jpcustoms but they are the only site i know off of the top of my head.

·
Registered
840 Posts
I have the home version of this.

http://www.omnifimedia.com/products/omnifi_details.jsp?productId=12541

I was considering getting this mobile version though. It seems pretty cool because it is all Wi-Fi, so you just park your truck in your drive way and send the songs over the network to your truck from your computer.

My home unit works flawlessly, So I would expect the car unit to be the same since it runs the same software.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts