Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 silverado crew cab and after doing some searching it sounds like the compass/temp mirror wiring is all in place to install the upgraded mirror.

Can anyone tell me if this is the case and what the part number of the mirror with the temp and compass is.

Thanks

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
Do a search, there is a thread on the 02's and the new towing mirrors.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Think he's talking about rearview mirror , not side view.
I'm also interested in compass/temp add on

·
Registered
173 Posts
I had the headliner down on my 02 when I was installing console and video, and there was no wiring for the compass mirror, and I had a friends 02 1500HD CC LS in the shop for a headliner, and it didn't have any wiring either.

·
Registered
15,713 Posts
You will have to look under the headliner just above the rearview mirror to see if the harness is there. If it is, then check the grill area, look in the front grill drivers side and you will see a metal a frame in front of the condensor, attached to that a frame should be a harness with a cap on it. That is the ambient sensor harness. If the is present, you have what you need to hook up the system, get a mirror and a ambient sensor(18,00 at dealer). You will have to calibrate the mirror, steps to do so are in the owners manual. It is very easy.
Steve

·
Registered
173 Posts
I show part number 15067746 for 00-02, and 15071186 for 03-06. Both are w/o onstar. Make sure you're sitting down before you call the dealer for pricing.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I added an overhead console to my 96 Impala, and all I had to due was tab into the Vehicle spead sensor and some power leads. You can always go aftermarket as well.

·
Registered
15,713 Posts
Go on ebay there are a couple on there all the time

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
We just added the mirror to my dad's 01. Wiring harness was there. I haven't looked for the temp sensor harness yet, but I bet it is there also. He paid $5 out of a local junkyard for the mirror and sensor.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts