Diesel Place banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering why some people do it? i have a bit of blow by in my LB7 and im worndering if this could be a possible cure....

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
I monitor my injector balance rates all the time....2 stroke brings them back in to +-1, and I have over 112,000 on my truck. 2 Stroke oil or B20 biodiesel, has been shown to be a better injector lubricant, than a lot of the high dollar additives. There is an independent comparison somewhere on this site that compared most of them.

·
Premium Member
8,458 Posts
2 Stroke really does work, its not a cure all for fuel related problems. But it can help return rates and help smooth a rough idle due to a FPR that is going bad.

Again, it can help, but does not in all cases. It did in mine!

·
Premium Member
8,458 Posts
Supplements, additives.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
how much do you usually add to a 26 gallon tank...?

·
Registered
440 Posts
http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/showthread.php?t=178848

This may be the thread your thinking of. I buy the stuff at wallyworld in the blue jug, I add a 16oz jug each time I fill up no matter how many gallons. Trying to nurse a bad injector, helps till the engine hits full operating temps and then the fuel pump opens up completely and I get the hazy idle or at least that's one of my theory's on the smokey idle. I also figure any diesel made pre 04 wasn't designed to handle the ULSD fuel as it wasn't mandated yet so any lubricity, especially oil based will help all those rubber seals stay soft and pliable rather than drying out and becoming brittle.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I mix 50/50 diesel kleen and super tech 2 cycle oil from wal-mart. Keep gallon jugs of both on hand and put into a quart bottle. I run about 15-20 oz per tank of 26 gal.fuel.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.