Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I added a Lund bug shield to my '04 Silverado CC today. I had to run some errands, part of which put me on a beltway around town. I noticed that at higher speeds (50 mph and up), the mirrors vibrate, more so the faster I run.

I know it's the bug shield - I had the same problem with my Avalanche. It's not bad enough that I'm going to take it off, it's just annoying as heck.

Does anyone know of a bug shield that won't cause the mirrors to bounce around after it's installed?

Thanks,

Chris in NC

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have a "Wade" bug deflector that does not cause any vibration in the mirrors but get a soft whistle with certain crosswinds.

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
The GM won't cause the mirrors to vibrate.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Which one did you get? I have the Lund Interceptor and my mirrors don't vibrate at all. My mirrors are the power folding, not extendable.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine is also the Lund Interceptor. I have the extendable trailering mirrors, so perhaps that's why they vibrate.

After a couple days of driving it with the bug deflector, I'm getting used to the mirror-shake. Hell, I ride an American Ironhorse Texas Chopper with a hard-mounted 111" S&S motor, so a bit of mirror shake isn't anything I'm not used to...

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have the vent shade bug shield and there's no vibration. Did you check to see if the mirrors nuts are tight?

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have the GM bugshield and extendable trailer mirrors- never noticed any vibration.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts