Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
14,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been testing a new addative secretly on a memebers truck which I have in my shop and am very pleased with the results. Said member destroyed his C3 and C4 clutches ( I built this trans and it is an '05) Said member is very hard on his Ally and I replaced his damaged clutches knowing I did not have the answer yet, but close to it. I put this fluid enhancer into his Ally to test and told this member to please cool it till I was ready ( McRat has the first prototype of my answer). Said member did not listen to me and went racing with sqweeze a number of times ( can't blame the guy) I now am doing my mod to his Ally and have found much less damage than before using same components. I know this addative helped a lot. This tells me that TranSynd and other Allison approved fluids make a difference. The addative I used will make a difference as well. I am impressed. Dex 3 will no longer cut it in my view. I learned something new again. This is fun.
mike

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Feel free to pm with the secret additive as I am due to switch out to Transyd soon. :)

·
Registered
14,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Feel free to pm with the secret additive as I am due to switch out to Transyd soon. :)
You don't need this stuff with TranSynd. This is for the guys that are not ready to do a complete changeover. I believe this stuff helps a lot and is cheap. Add it to your Dex 3. I just added it to my wasted trans.

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
You don't need this stuff with TranSynd. This is for the guys that are not ready to do a complete changeover. I believe this stuff helps a lot and is cheap. Add it to your Dex 3. I just added it to my wasted trans.
Okay Mike, then what is it? Or is this another secret squirrel item? Does it help with temps? BTW, can you help me.....ever since I had my tranny fuild changed (26K miles) the tranny runs hot..195-200F any time of day and any type of driving (city/highway).

Thanks.....

·
Registered
14,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay Mike, then what is it? Or is this another secret squirrel item? Does it help with temps? BTW, can you help me.....ever since I had my tranny fuild changed (26K miles) the tranny runs hot..195-200F any time of day and any type of driving (city/highway).

Thanks.....
Don't get nasty with me mister surfer.):h The small print was really a cool idea for a crosseyed old fart like me.:rolleyes: and I got your secret squirrel right here.):h I believe the company is Life Products. This stuff bites pretty good.

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
Aaaaa.....ya! Kinda like the little blue pill, right?

But all kinding aside, can you help me with the high temp issue and is the additive available for sale?

Thanks Mike.....gotta get your trans cooler soon.

·
Registered
7,187 Posts
Now ya tell me.........:eek:

Wonder how my little girl ALLSION is doing after 30K miles and only one fluid change.........all on DEX-III......:cool:

Seems to be holding fine..........might have to put some stuff in my tranny now.........:D

When can I order some of the super secret stuff ???????

·
Registered
14,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This is not secret stuff guys. I will post some prices monday. I think it costs something like 15.00 a bottle.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I want some ASAP. I also heard that BP (british petrolem )owens castrol and they have thier version of transynd and it is the same stuff relabled but cheaper.anyone got a lead on it .

·
Registered
531 Posts
I want some ASAP. I also heard that BP (british petrolem )owens castrol and they have thier version of transynd and it is the same stuff relabled but cheaper.anyone got a lead on it .
Hell, if thats the case, Im in!!! :ro)

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Hey Mike,

Would the "secret stuff" happen to be this?

(It was recommended to me by a tranny guy several years ago.)

Attachments

·
Registered
12,036 Posts
Hey Mike,

Hmmm... I've been using this:

·
Registered
14,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey Mike,

Steve
DO NOT use that stuff in the Ally. That stuff is good in conventional transmissions only. The stuff I am using is made by Smart Blend ( same co. ) and it is their SUV Formula. Price just went up as did all my oil prices overnight :eek: 26.00 delivered.
mike

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
Steve
DO NOT use that stuff in the Ally. That stuff is good in conventional transmissions only. The stuff I am using is made by Smart Blend ( same co. ) and it is their SUV Formula. Price just went up as did all my oil prices overnight :eek: 26.00 delivered.
mike
Wheres the order form/site?

·
Registered
12,036 Posts
Wheres the order form/site?
I'm probably visiting Mike this week. If you want me to pick up a bottle for you, I can bring it to Doug's Afterpull party.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Steve
mike
So this stuff will work with the factory tranny fluid and will increase clutch holding ability? Just what I need since Im not switching to syn. anytime soon.

As much as I do enjoy a good bottle of ranch ):h , I have this feeling my tranny may not feel the same...lol -:t

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
I'm probably visiting Mike this week. If you want me to pick up a bottle for you, I can bring it to Doug's Afterpull party.
Hey Pat,

Like to get a bottle ASAP due to my tranny running hot issue (as stated earlier).

UPDATE:

THanks for the offer Pat, just called Mike to try to get it earlier.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Steve
mike
Thanks Mike! I used it in my old 1500 Silverado, NOT the Ally.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts