Diesel Place banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the factory Rear DVD entertainment system, works great, but anyone in the front seat can't particiate. I know that screens in the front are not legal, but I would like to put one in the pass side headrest for my wife. How can I patch the screen into the existing system? Can I tie in from the head unit, do I need to split the sig befor it gets to the head unit? Don't quite know where to start.

Thanx

Bill

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nobody?

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
Someone's got to know.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Vizualogic from what I understand is about the best in the biz. They offer visor mounted screens. I'm going with the headrests soon!

http://www.vizualogic.comEdited by: 03GMC2500HD

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
OK, Now that we found a good product for it. Does anyone here know how to tie it(visor) in with the factory DVD

Thanks,

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here is what I think we are looking for. It was puuled from the VisualLogic Web site

·
Registered
946 Posts
So has anybody tried this yet? I was at Trailblazers in Lexington, and some electronics guy said nothing works with the factory unit. I find that very hard to believe.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm gonna take mine apart this weekend to see if there is a video out. That is all I really need for my application. If there is, I can route it to the front. I can also pigtail power from the DVD unit itself to power the screen (I hope). I will try to take some pics, and resolve this burning issue.

On Edit...
I just got off the phone with Technical support from Vizualogic, and just asked them If adding a front screen is possible with the Factory GM system. Hired Gun is indeed correct. According to Vizualogic the factory DVD system does not have a video out at all. He said there is room to solder one in, but the quality would be questionable. This downright sucks!

There has to be a way around it. I will do more research.

Bill

BillEdited by: Redapple

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have a friend who I talked to last night and he had his installed at International Stereo in Edmonton, Alberta. He says it works great and looks good!

I know it can be done and have heard of other who have had it done. I did note a post on one of the sites on the web but just can't seem to find it now.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Are yalls DVD Visualogic? Mine says Panasonic on it.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The DVD player in the truck is a Panasonic. I called Vizualogic to see if the screens they sell will work with the factory system. That is when they informed me that the Factory OEM (Panasonic) does not have a Video out. I have done further research, and got the pinouts on the unit. Pin 5 is Video + Pin 13 is Video - Pin 14 is Shield. This is for 04 only, If I know GM, the pinouts are probably different for each year, so I won't validate this pinout for other years. These wires can be tapped into, and a RCA jcak soldered in. It is also recommended that a Video booster is installed

I will be verifying this information before I proceed.

Bill

·
Registered
946 Posts
Thanks for the info. I will be majorly mad If I have to replace a factory unit to be able to let all enjoy watching tv on long trips.

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
bumping

·
Registered
49 Posts
Anybody have any luck?

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have been really busy lately, and still have not had time to work the issue. I will try.

Bill

1 - 19 of 19 Posts