Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, my wife has an '01 Yukon XL and I wanted to add a DVD Player. I found a factory DVD console out of an '02 Yukon XL. Is there a way that I could put this in mine? If so how, where? Would it go in place of the rear AC control console?? What about wiring?? Thanks in advance for your help.

PS I apologize I put this in the wrong section I think, but couldnt get it deleted.

·
Registered
159 Posts
are your rear a/c controls in the back or the front? do you have a sunroof? my wife has an 03 that I put a 11" drop screen in and all the research I did I found that as long as your controls are up front for your rear air you can put in a ceiling mount system. If your controls are in the rear (in the spot were the screen goes) you cannot do this without moving the control panel. I was told that nothing is impossible,but it would be cheeper and more effective to install headrest screens. hope this helps, it was a pain in the butt for me to figure all this crap out! also the wireing is not installed from the factory, you would have to do this yourself,also, not trying to rain on your parade but the factory panasonic dvd's suck really bad, you are much better off spending a little extra money on something a little more reliable and a little better quality

·
Premium Member
20,561 Posts
It wont work. That factory DVD player must have been out of a 2003 or newer vehicle...DVD wasnt an option in 2002. The 2003 electrical system/data bus is completely different and not compatible..

--Ben

·
Registered
886 Posts
It wasnt a option in 02 so it a going to be a aftermarket. So yes it should work.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
As Ben stated, Factory wont work. Aftermarket is your best bet.

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
if it is the stocker, and you are paying a pretty penny for it, you might want to look into after market, as you can go way bigger for the same amount of money.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts