Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after the dealer has had my truck since feb. 29 they will finaly begin the install of a new duramax motor today! im going to have to go back and read up on the breakin period agian....being as my old one had 63,000 miles ive forgoton!

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
ouch!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Blow a headgasket or shorten the rods?

Horace

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
The famous stack, Juice Att, Quad 215, Nitrous, 100% methanol. Look in the drag racing and truck pulling forum.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Found it... Seems like the rods seem to be the weekest point when the Duramax is pushed to the extreme... The bottom end seems to have proved itself plenty strong and I don't believe the connecting rods are going to limit power either like they did on some Powerstrokes. Time to throw in some stoughter rods and see what breaks next... maybe also some custom valvesprings so that the RPM limiter can be raised higher

Horace

·
Registered
211 Posts
I would be very surprised to find that the rods were not shortened from a hydraulic effect. I’ve seen more than my share of broken engines. Sounds like the cylinders had more liquid than the quench area would hold. I’ve seen a few Carrillo (some of the strongest in the racing industry) rods bent in Sprint cars from the same thing.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
dealer said the problem stated with the #2 injector was stuck open "to much fuel in there..." the dealer mechanic said.....

·
Registered
177 Posts
SmokinMax

How did you get all the aftermarkets off without the dealer knowing and or finding out, especially all the codes? Just curious for future reference incase I have any trouble.

Thanks

Matthew

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Codes can be erased with the Quad Stealth, Predator, and Power Pup. Everything can always be taken off and put back to stock, except probably his transmission.

·
Registered
64 Posts
goin' pullin' said:
SmokinMax

How did you get all the aftermarkets off without the dealer knowing and or finding out, especially all the codes?

Lots of wrenching and some time with a tech2. and maybe an oil change or two

·
Registered
310 Posts
If you blew yours up only making 575hp, how come heartburn canada can make 675hp without blowin his up? Something smells fishy...

·
Registered
310 Posts
675hp smells...

·
Registered
310 Posts
Nobody's calling anybody a liar. 20 people witnessed GotJuiced put down 550hp. With a couple of modules and a stock tranny. Never did back it up. But to this day, I still DO believe that the dyno said 550hp, and 20 people witnessed it. Never doubted that, but I'm sure the dyno was in error that day.

Fill in some details. What did heartbeat stack, what kinda dyno, did he back it up on a different dyno on a different day? Can you explain to me how one engine can blow with 575hp and another one makes 100hp more with no damage?

·
Registered
946 Posts
Sorry to hear that Amokin Max. I saw your truck at the movies Saturday night. Mine is in a moreph time right now. It should look a bit different in a few weeks. Looking into a tranny sometime this summer.

·
Registered
393 Posts
yeah I can explain, no methanol!!!!!!! a full tank of 2 is all you need!!!

You can believe what you choose to believe!!! I know it heartbeat, (not heartburn) knows it, along with the ownerr hear and a few others. it rocks and that is that!!! later, and hope to see you somewhere this summer!!!

peace out

DEREK

1 - 20 of 46 Posts