Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IM LOOKING AT BUYING A HIGH MILEAGED D/A. BUT, IM NOT CONVIENCED THAT IT HAS THE ACTUAL MILES ON IT. IS THERE ANY WAY TO LOOK INTO THE COMPUTER/ECM AND SEE WHAT THE ACTUAL MILEAGE IS???

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
You can look in the cluster data and get the mileage that way, but if it was overridden it may show what the odo shows.

Eric

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
Check the hours. Figure out what average miles/hour are. If it is under around 30 miles per hour I would be leary.

From what I understand there are other ways to compare milage with the odometer, although I have yet to see it be done.

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
IM NOT CLEAR=====WHAT IS THE CLUSTER DATA??? IS THERE A PLACE IN THE ECM TO LOOK OTHER THAN WHAT THE ODOMETER SHOWS FOR THE MILES???

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Yes with a Tech II ......
Like mentioned "hours" cannot be over ridden ..... If you don't have access to a Tech II bring it to the dealer .....

We know what this is really about you sly dog !!!!!

Mac

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
LOL @ Mac. I just checked mine and after 8717 miles I am at 289 hours. That's just a hair over 30 miles per hour. I guess I am an old grandma???
I do Lots of short trips and also have a remote start. I would say this is one of the lower ones you will see. Edited by: Max Power

·
Registered
817 Posts
Nope! I'm at 25.xx. I can give you a spreadsheet of every tank, miles and hours. I range from 10 (in the shop) up to 60 on different tanks, but lifetime bounces between 25 adn 26.
I guess I need to get a SMACK DOWN bumper to get to and from work to improve my MPH.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts