Diesel Place banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had the cel come on the other day, and tried to read it with my actron that I used on my 04 lly and the display reads unable to link to ecu.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
My Actron reads my 2006

It is a LLY but has the LBZ computer

·
Registered
16,609 Posts
You should be able to get your actron updated for CAN communications.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Right, I ment to add that you dont need a module, but CAN communications compatability.

Also there is an update for the PCM to work better with aftermarket scanners.

·
Premium Member
20,556 Posts
Right, I ment to add that you dont need a module, but CAN communications compatability.

Also there is an update for the PCM to work better with aftermarket scanners.
hmm thats interesting....good info to know. Id think GM wouldnt care about compatibility as long as it works with a Tech 2/CANdi box....

--Ben

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
hmm thats interesting....good info to know. Id think GM wouldnt care about compatibility as long as it works with a Tech 2/CANdi box....

--Ben
From reading I believe (SoCalDieselTech's) posts among others, the Candi module can be a problem even at the dealers. Hopefully future updates will help.

·
Registered
751 Posts
I called Actron. If you have had it less than 90 days with receipt, they will update it for free of charge, but you must call them first. If over 90 days or no receipt, $60 and i believe he said 3 weeks, to get it done.

·
Registered
278 Posts
The Actron CP9125 I bought seems to work. Of course, I don't have any codes yet. But when I plug it in, it just says "No Codes", as opposed to reading an error. Does that mean it works?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts