Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering for those of you that have a cover, do they help with any mileage? I am getting one and am curious.

Thanks
Ben

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
What cover are you refering to?

·
Registered
826 Posts
Do a search for camper shells

A recent thread linked to a U of M (boooo... Go Bucks!) study of aerodynamicys of pickups.

Shell +
Bed cover +++

Open tailgate -
Closed tailgate +

Bed cover made the biggest difference.

Surprisingly tailgate up does better than tailgate down, they say tailgate up creates a bubble of slow moving air in the bed, that is similar to a bed cover. Air spilling over the cab glides over this bubble

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
:exactly: :exactly: :exactly:

·
Registered
468 Posts
Ben,

I have a Pace-Edwards Jackrabbit rolltop cover, I never thought about it helping with mileage. :confused:

I bought it to keep stuff in the bed dry and out of sight of pilferers.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have an Access Brand cover. I like it, but I not niticed any real mileage change.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I have the Access cover and really like it. It goes on and off really easy in cold weather.

It may help the average driver with mileage, but most of the people who will reply to you on here would have a hard time claiming to be "average".

·
Registered
612 Posts
Love the Access Cover. Noticed no diff. in mileage.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Have a Lund roll-up cover, no change in mileage.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys.

Ben

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
If your talking about the roll up cover. Can't say as I saw any difference. BUT it sure does keep stuff dry in the back, and western oregon isn't known for it's sunshine!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts