Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody else notice a fluttering sound when you get on the truck a little bit.seems like a loss of power also.Its a fast pace flutter,almost like an exhaust leak.it only happens when i accelerate.can some of you chime in and give me your thoughts of what it could be.injectors,turbo,too much drugs in my younger years?????THANKS:confused:

·
Registered
843 Posts
I have this same sound. I have posted several times about it and nobody seems to have an answer. :( Hopefully some of the experts will chime in and give us an answer:eek:::help:please

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thought i was all alone with this one.sounds like the turbo.i hear the whistle and with that a fast pace miss in the turbo whistle.Maybe injectors??Dont know,but it dont sound right.I not too familar with diesels .Need some help on this one.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Had mine inlast week for the same thing plus the extra loud ticking, I was told that the noise was normal. Mine makes the noise alot more often without the predator in it.

Also told the only reason I can hear the ticking so well is because my truck is higher off the ground.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did the dealer tell you what was the cause for that particular noise?I should just take it to the dealer,but i dont want to pull off boost stick,blocker plate,ect.I just installed them.By the way the sound was there before the addons.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I noticed this right away also. I think it has something to do with a thing they call pilot injection. Do a search for that and see if that is what you are hearing. Mine isn't nearly as noticeable with the edge ez installed.

·
Registered
843 Posts
definately is NOT pilot injection (i think). when pilot injection shuts off, the truck becomes much louder, this only occurs about 2500 rpm.

this flutter noise I hear comes just after idle when accelerating, but will continue when getting on it. interesting thing, the noise only occurs when the truck is in gear. the noise is not there when in park or neutral. i thought it was something with the egr, but it does it regardless of egr working, unplugged, plugged in, blocked, unblocked, it doesn't matter.

my dealer told me it was the vanes in the turbo, i don't believe him

do the EXPERTS (Kennedy, Fingers, Tx, KB, MaxPayne, and all the others) have any ideas?:)

please help:help:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I hear it mostly on the highway @ going from lower rpms to higher rpms.Nothing @ idle-park-slower cruising speeds.Just when i push the truck to pass someone or just go faster.If its the veins in the turbo,does that mean that the turbo is gonna crap out.Could it be feul related??I will check out the post on the pilot injection.Thanks--any other ideas please keep them comin.

·
Registered
19 Posts
My truck is also making a strange stuttering of the engine sound. only happens when im in drive and stopped. i think it might have something to do with the fuel injectors. i bought some PS Diesel kleen +cetan boost. it supposed to increase mpg and clean dirty injectors. boost power and more. ill try it see if it works.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/573194

·
Registered
21 Posts
It seems like many of us have this noise. I never noticed when I had the first version of the predetor. I have since ran without it for a couple weeks and noticed the noise. I still have it and it seems even louder or more noticeable since I installed the updated predator. Has anyone else noticed this?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I hope one of the tech experts will chime in and give there opinion.This forum is great.Keep up the great work guys!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a problem when i get into the fuel taking off quickly.it flutters and gets stuck in a no to low power mode.i have to stop turn the motor off for a few minutes and start up and its fine.Don't think its to much boost cause the alarm does go off at 26 that i have it set to alarm me.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It definetly sounds like the turbo has a fast pace miss,when accelerating.

·
Banned
6,540 Posts
definately is NOT pilot injection (i think). when pilot injection shuts off, the truck becomes much louder, this only occurs about 2500 rpm.

this flutter noise I hear comes just after idle when accelerating, but will continue when getting on it. interesting thing, the noise only occurs when the truck is in gear. the noise is not there when in park or neutral. i thought it was something with the egr, but it does it regardless of egr working, unplugged, plugged in, blocked, unblocked, it doesn't matter.

my dealer told me it was the vanes in the turbo, i don't believe him

do the EXPERTS (Kennedy, Fingers, Tx, KB, MaxPayne, and all the others) have any ideas?:)

please help:help:
Wow, I am an expert? It sounds to me like an exhaust leak. Have someone shift into and out of drive while underhood.

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
I personally don't think you have something out of the ordinary. The timing is different under a load than it is in park and I think this is what you are hearing.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Could it be a particular reflash needed??

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I recently installed blocker plate-stick+boost stick but it was doing it before installs.I dont know too much about diesels,but would the blocker have stop the fluttering if it is egr related??

·
Banned
6,540 Posts
...but would the blocker have stop the fluttering if it is egr related??
yes that's the idea. But I am not an expert. Crap, on some days I am barely conscious. :)

what you describe could be a wide assortment.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for trying to nail it killerbee

1 - 20 of 25 Posts