Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>Heres a heads up!</DIV>
<DIV>I went to Murray's Auto Parts today and they have genuine AC Delco 2232 oil filters for the small sum of $3.59, I bought all they had on the shelf.</DIV>
<DIV>Guy that works there said this is the regular price.</DIV>
<DIV>This is the Lapeer Mi store, but I'm sure their all the same</DIV>Edited by: John R

·
Registered
511 Posts
Yep, already posted about this awhile back, nobody believed me, I got 5 still got 3 on the shelf.

·
Registered
262 Posts
John R said:
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>Heres a heads up!</DIV>
<DIV>I went to Murray's Auto Parts today and they have genuine AC Delco 2232 oil filters for the small sum of $3.59, I bought all they had on the shelf.</DIV>
<DIV>Guy that works there said this is the regular price.</DIV>
<DIV>This is the Lapeer Mi store, but I'm sure their all the same</DIV>

So that's why they didn't have any...

Tell you what, you take the even numbered months and I'll take the odd ones...

·
Registered
432 Posts
Well I am sure glad to see AutoZone now carries the AC PF2232 for $7.99. Not as good as the $3.59 above, but sure beats the dealer price of $30.00. Picked one up on the way home tonight. Counter guy says they move slow so they only carry 2 at a time, but can get one next day if anyone wants one and they are out. I left the other one on the shelf for the next guy now that I can easily get them at my local Auto Zone.

I suspect they will start moving faster as the word gets around. Maybe this is old news, but made my day today!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Chevysrus said:
Well I am sure glad to see AutoZone now carries the AC PF2232 for $7.99. Not as good as the $3.59 above, but sure beats the dealer price of $30.00. Picked one up on the way home tonight. Counter guy says they move slow so they only carry 2 at a time, but can get one next day if anyone wants one and they are out. I left the other one on the shelf for the next guy now that I can easily get them at my local Auto Zone.

I suspect they will start moving faster as the word gets around. Maybe this is old news, but made my day today!
Occasionally, Auto Zone will run the stp on sale for $1.99, I think they are 2.99 everyday. I bought all 5 a few months back when they were $1.99. STP are made by champion labs, which got good rating for filters previously.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Yep, I know there are cheaper filters out there, but I still have less than 100K and want to make sure there are no warranty issues with the use of "other" filters. I also have concerns running a $1.99 oil filter on the high pressure oil system we have. I wonder if the STP is an exact replacement for the AC Delco PF2232. I know it fits and screws on, but does it have the same internals, bypass valve and high pressure seals? I guess people are using it with no problems, for a buck .99 I will get one next time and cut it open to compare if no one has done that yet.

Anyway, bottom line is that the oil filter is one more thing I don't have to go to the dealer to get anymore and the price is much better too for the exact same OEM filter

1 - 6 of 6 Posts