Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I was driving to work today I noticed that the AC icon wasnt on and that the windows were fogging up. I tried to turn it on manually but the icon would blink a few times and then go back off. Has anyone had this problem? Acts like the system may have lost charge.

P.S. This is my first thread. :help2:

·
Registered
625 Posts
How cold was it when your turned the air on? Ther compressor will not come on till the outside temp is 40 degrees.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That was it. It worked fine on the way home. I like the idea of climate control but it seems like this one needs some work.

·
Registered
9 Posts
AC not cooperating

my AC decided to take a break yesterday- outside temp about 80. The snowflake icon would come on, but the compressor clutch wouldn't engage. Tried turning climate control on/off, to auto etc.- no results. Finally, while checking all of the A/c related fuses I could find (none blown) the clutch healed itself after pulling the 10 amp labeled (if I recall correctly) HVAC ECS. I hope this was just a hiccup, because I dread having to take a vehicle to the dealer and A/C is absolutely essential in South Louisiana.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts