Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read the TSB about poor AC performance and my truck has this problem. I also read somewhere on the board that GM was going to make a new accumulator to correct the problem. Have they done this yet? I would like to get mine fixed but was trying to wait for the new part. Any help on the new parts existance or an ETA on arrival would be great.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I am also waiting on more information on this. I took my 03 D/A is last summer and was told every thing was in spec. It will be getting hot here soon and I need the fix this year.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I have heard nothing about it since they first mentioned it. I will be going to a meeting with GM engineers next month and I will be sure to ask them about it.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Any news on the fix Sid?

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just so we get it right... could you guys post the new TSB that includes the ne accumulator? Mine is working much better now but struggles when it is really hot outside and I am going to Yuma soon and may try and get it upgraded before then.

THANKS!!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've replaced a couple of accumulators on CC diesels before with marginally better results using the original service part number. A utility orifice and reducing the charge to 1.5-1.6 LBS can help too...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts