Diesel Place banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Eric or anyone who knows- I bought a fuel filter from Eric TP1298B and just changed it out with the old one TP1298A. Now I thought the A was the new and improved so besides the B being a little bigger what's the difference ?
Thanks

·
Registered
126 Posts
filter

B is the latest filter

·
Registered
77 Posts
I just bought 3 "B" filters from my stealer...they said it's the newer one. I paid 33.69 a piece. Anybody paying much different?

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
Yeah--$19.55 plus small ship fee which decreases exponentially with the more you order.Fleetfilter on line--great company--they have the Wix and Napa Gold line--you won't be sorry.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Yeah--$19.55 plus small ship fee which decreases exponentially with the more you order.Fleetfilter on line--great company--they have the Wix and Napa Gold line--you won't be sorry.
Are you sure it's the latest one? (The same as the 'B' filter)

·
Registered
126 Posts
Filter

Yep, I just purchased from fleetfilter as well. It is the new filter.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
I bought a few of the B filters for $25 from our local dealer a few months ago, don't know if the price has changed or not. The time before last, they were $35.:mad:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Anyone order the tranny filters from fleetfilter? If so, are they Wix. I tried the Wix tranny filter and the magnet almost completely covers the return holes in the filter. Took it back. Just curious, as I just checked the fleetfilter prices, and they are good on all there filters for the Duramax.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Trany filter

I just installed a wix on my tranny. Is this going to be bad w/ the magnet covering?

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Yesterday I paid for 3 Gold filters from NAPA. The oil filter (7202) WAS 10.89. The fuel filter (3910) was 46.59. The Alli filter (8592) was 13.49.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Wix on Alli

I just installed a wix on my tranny. Is this going to be bad w/ the magnet covering?
Comparing the area that was covered by the magnet on the OEM and the Wix, I didn't like it. I took it back(with magnet on Wix) and showed them at the parts store. The guy was shocked. I wouldn't make the call as to it being bad or not, I just know I won't use them. From what I read on this site, the fuel filters are all made by Racor, so I'll be ordering some from Fleetfilter.

Maybe some of the transmission experts on here can answer this.

·
Registered
221 Posts
i would say just stick with the oem allison filter as for the rest go to fleetfilter.com for the fuel and oil filters they are wix filters. the oilfilter part #57202 and the fuelfilter #33910 if that helps, alot cheaper and just as good or not better filters.

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
Anyone order the tranny filters from fleetfilter? If so, are they Wix. I tried the Wix tranny filter and the magnet almost completely covers the return holes in the filter. Took it back. Just curious, as I just checked the fleetfilter prices, and they are good on all there filters for the Duramax.
Thanks Willie for the headsup as I have'nt used mine yet.Tomorrow I'm going to compare an AC-Delco to my Wix/Napa from Fleetfilter.

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
Careful on eBay... there are a few vendors selling their old pre-recall single-pleat filters for cheap.

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
Saw the magnet on the wix tranny filter covering the return holes but if you look real close, you will see that they are really not covered completely because of the slope where the holes are. Also there are 8 holes compared to GM's 6. I installed mine today--should be fine.

·
Registered
122 Posts
T443 agree with you. I checked the Napa Gold Oil Filter and it's curved where the holes are which provides space between the filter base and magnet. While the original filter holes was a bit further out, my take was that it would permit sufficient flow of fluid.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
I bought six dual layer fuel filters from Kennedy Diesel for $150....$25 each.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts