Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i figured it would be a good place for us all to talk about our opinions and facts on which chips and tuners have the most hp and torque.i will start off with the van aaken stuff the 225 boxes as far as hp goes they are awsome,produce a lot of heat though and makes the power and torque a bit up the rpm scale,definately not a friend of a stock tranny.the hot juice always a good one has tranny protection as does the va s and the torque and hp comes in very low.with the exception of the new stealth tunes that i dont think have been released yet the juice comp version has the most bottom end toque or horsepower of any other box or tuner.that brings me to the stealth by Quadzilla,what can i say that i havent already,i was able to dyno at over 455 hp with just one power adder alone.the shifts are lightening fast and matched by none on the market.i have heard the new edge controller is really gonna speed its shifting up only time will tell.the big va s had power but in my opinion made it so high up the rpm scale that shift speed suffered a bit,even with the built tranny.i have been playing with a tst comp and on setiings of power only it is a nice box ,however start to add in tq enhancement and it really wakes the beast up.however there are still some issue as far as my truck goes with respect to the max comp.i have been promised some high hp tunes from diablo but they havent arrived yet,still buisy with the upgrade revisions i guess,no problem only good buisness to please the masses first.i have also seen ppe s race version of a reflash wich is very smoth running and egts are extremely resonable.by race version i mean 200hp nopt 120.this tune from ppe is the fastest on the track i had seen until the stealth came along.also a good place to deal with.this pretty much sums up my first hand experience with the higher hp products.there is another the steve cole reflash i have been promised an effort by mr cole to get me one of his extreme tuners so that i can dyno it against the stealth and super juice and powermax comp and ppe all in a head to head battle of power and torque on oct11.now these products i have mentioned here are probally not what the average joe wants or even needs,heck most of the time my truck is set on or around 70 to 90 hp.if you run these high hp tunes you need to understand the risk and exspence,but i tell you this if you can do it it is very worth it.to quote a buddys
old saying there is nothing better than the suprise in thier eyes.hope this helps all you extreme dmax power seakers but beware speed and power cost,HOW FAST DO YOU WANT TO GO.....jess
Edited by: king d

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
Jess

Glad to see you warning people about the damage you will do with the big Hp programs. How many transmissions have you gone through to date? Do your self a favor and take a good look at your U-joints, we had one start to fail last week.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Diesel Tech said:
Jess

Glad to see you warning people about the damage you will do with the big Hp programs. How many transmissions have you gone through to date? Do your self a favor and take a good look at your U-joints, we had one start to fail last week.
stock tranny,then i tried the bd tranny for a while worked and held fine but couldnt get the downshifts to smooth out so went to suncoast.i have shackled the back springs to prevent wrap to help with u joints plus before every track trip i get under the truck and shake the hell out of the drive shafts to check for tightness.now about that waiver form when can i get one or can you just fax me a general release to sign....jess Edited by: king d

·
Registered
299 Posts
PPE has my money so far. Great products and service. Just waiting on that dang waiver.

Scott

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Quadzilla said:
TX Red Wagon,

Come to the dyno event in Rockwall the 25th of Oct.

We will show you how to make big HP. Guaranteed over 500hp.

Is this with or without a tranny fix?

·
Registered
262 Posts
Tranny, smanny. Given enough power and few thousand more RPMs you could go direct-drive. Be advised that fuel economy could be negatively impacted, however...

King d: Great topic and an excellent overview. How do the comp stealh and comp TST compare (individually) in terms of EGT? Bursting?

·
Registered
299 Posts
Quad
I am thinking about Rockwall. I have some friends that live in Fort Worth. I might just have to come see you. One box that makes 500hp rear wheel? I am planning on the Extreme program but maybe you have something better?
Scott

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
Michigana_Joe

Don't forget 3rd gear uses one of the clutch packs that 5th gear uses. Locking out 5th gear and running in 4th with some extra rpm might work a few times at high hp levels. But I think it will just be a matter of time before 3rd gear takes a ciesta instead of 5th. Edited by: mtomac

1 - 9 of 9 Posts