Diesel Place banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is an ABS recall thats been discussed in other threads. The recall covers both the 1999 chevy suburbans and the 1999 GMC yukon XL. I have a 99 GMC suburban. A few months back when I found out about the recall I called one dealer to have it fixed. He said that my suburban wasn't covered in the recall because it wasn't a chevy, but if I want the work done he will only charge me $600! Is there really a difference between an GMC suburban and a chevy suburban?

It's currenty at the different dealership getting a new IP (also under warrenty). I've asked this dealer about it and he said he would look into it.

·
Premium Member
416 Posts
I think the recall is for the new body style trucks isnt it? Your GMC Suburban is the last of the older style....might not be covered.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Shouldn't matter GMC or Chevy. Same ABS, manufactered by TRW automotive (used to be Kelsey-Hayes). My wife works at the plant that builds em.

·
Registered
134 Posts
mr_udy;1538750; said:
I think the recall is for the new body style trucks isnt it? Your GMC Suburban is the last of the older style....might not be covered.
I have to agree with this answer. The Yukon XL was the new body style Suburban.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
there is not an abs recall on any of the older style GMC or Chevy suburbans that I am aware of, I just checked and didnt find any either.

The only 1999 I find is the new style pickup truck ffor the abs recall.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.