Diesel Place banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, I need help. I got an ABS & parking brake warning this morining along with a service brake system on the DIC. How can I trouble shoot to see what the problem is? My brakes appear to work fine, I think that a ABS sensor went bad. I had this happen before and the dealer replaced the sensor under warranty. I appreciate any advice you can give. Thanks

·
Registered
5,495 Posts
Guys, I need help. I got an ABS & parking brake warning this morining along with a service brake system on the DIC. How can I trouble shoot to see what the problem is? My brakes appear to work fine, I think that a ABS sensor went bad. I had this happen before and the dealer replaced the sensor under warranty. I appreciate any advice you can give. Thanks
That is the first symptom I had when my transfer case was shot. You should take a look at the tail-shaft houseing just in front of the drive shaft and see if there is any oil leaking. Check your fluid level in the transfer case. If that is all OK, replace the rear sensor and see if that fixes it. Replacing the sensor yourself will cost you about 1/3rd of what the dealer will charge to run a diagnostics on it. It takes about 5 minutes to change the sensor.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts