Diesel Place banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has been on for a while now, and it won't go off. Sometimes it doesn't come on right off, but I can't run the truck without it coming on eventually. I think it is probably just a sensor that has gone bad, but what else can it be? Any thoughts?

Thanks, Jacob

·
Registered
808 Posts
Don't know what else it could be, but from what i heard most of the time it's the front wheel sensors.

·
Registered
943 Posts
have the code(s) read, then follow where it leads you...

but first check the brake fluid level if you have not already done so

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Are you having any braking problems? Specically ABS related problems? I've had all kinds of problems with the front speed sensors on my truck. The funny thing is, even when they were acting up, the ABS light didn't come on once. I gave up paying to have them "cleaned" or replaced so I just pulled the ABS fuse and put a piece of black tape over the light.

Dave

·
Registered
62 Posts
Might try cleaning the sensers, sometimes they get rust on them and cause the ABS light to come on.

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am not having any trouble braking.

Thanks, Jacob

·
Registered
260 Posts
Have you changed from factory tire size? I have seen on here about it giving incorrect signal to the little box behind glove box.

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am currently running 265/75/16's. I think stock is 245. Maybe your right, but it hasn't been doing it the whole time since I changed my tires. I have had these tires maybe a year, and it has been doing it about 2-3 months.

Thanks, Jacob

·
Registered
50 Posts
Mine came on last fall. It had never been on before, even when master cylinder and booster needed to be replaced. I pulled the codes with tech 2. It says all sensors are bad, both fronts and the rear. Price of repair is higher than I care to pay, so I will put that money into an airbox, larger downpipe and crossover and a lift kit so my 285's clear. Then I will feel better about where my money went. I never liked the way that system worked on the 8 bolt wheel trucks anyway.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I believe it was posted on this site about squeezing the front caliper while doing a brake job will cause the ABS light to come on. It was something to the affect that if you squeeze it to much it will "ruin" your ABS unit. :(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts