Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have about 10,500 miles, its a LLY all stock. I was pulling my Dad's jeep out of his drive way I was backing up pulling it out, I turned going up hill on ice. I was spinning the wheels then the light came on.. It was about a 30-35 degree hill. My front left tire was low, and the rear right was low. The light stayed on for a while.. 10 minutes. While I un hooked and went to the front of the jeep and hooked from the rear of the truck and statrted pulling it down the road. Got to the bottom of the hill and the ABS light went out and never came back on. The brakes worked fine with the light on also.

So was it do to the low tires and spinning on the ice? Or is something else going on.. I have no where to take the truck to get checked out. Besides my place.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Many vehicles will trip the ABS light if the rear tires are turning considerably faster than the fronts for a period of time. I have a BMW M3 that sees the dyno quite a bit. Everytime I get off it the ABS light is on...rears spinning without the fronts. It turns off after restarting it and driving it for a minute or so.

·
Registered
4,116 Posts
Try putting it in gear on a lift and see what happens, better yet try it with a car with traction control. The drivetrain will start shuttering and all kinds of lights will start flashing. Seriously, i would consider that normal as Cobrajet stated.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts